Hayato - Review

Plot twist: Andy Gavin is @moonboy403.

2 Likes

giphy

3 Likes

That is so rad.

2 Likes

Just read his 1st review and his 2nd review…

Seems like Andy Gavin quietly rewrote his review :rofl:

This guy completely ignored comments about plagiarizing on Facebook and Twitter.

7 Likes

And look how dull it reads without the plagiarism, no flow whatsoever…

“The contrast between the rich scallop and tangy jelly was great. Interesting textures too, with the cool soft jelly and the slightly firm scallops. I’m an acid freak so I could have eaten a bowl of this jelly straight.”

dungeness crab suimono . This class of dish was one of the best in the meal both this time and last (when it was the lobster ball). It was great again this time, although not quite the highlight. Dashi was scrumptious. Crab had nice depth of flavor.”

(dude, it’s a shinjo, not a “ball”…this ain’t Chiu Chow noodles bro…)

Or maybe those are from some yelp reviews? I think it would read better if he added adjectives to the rework like “dope”, “dopeass”, “shiznit”, “this shit is lit”, “fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck”, “YOLO”, “serenity now”, “I wanted to like this, but…”, “unctuous”, “yummy” etc to lend extra cred.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Now his review qualifies as #BasicBitch
Why on earth would you bring some shitty gelato to Hayato? Chef Go’s simple fruit dessert is the perfect way to end a wonderful meal.

3 Likes

Not defending bringing the gelato, but his gelato is about as good as gelato gets in the US. Definitely not shitty.

What a joke to try and rationalize the blatant plagiarism of someone who is obviously a pal of yours. Your favorite gelato maker was also a real sharp investor to bed with Adam “choco-chicken” Fleischman.

1 Like

Oh my god that guy can’t write for shit!

1 Like

Where did I rationalize him plagiarizing? Just cause I said his gelato was good? Try again.

You can ask @moonboy403. I was the one that called Andy out on it personally.

1 Like

And I thank you for that. Here is Andy’s reply to Clayfu on FB:

I want to apologize for accidentally copying text from another Hayato post for a couple of hours. I totally screwed up but fixed it as soon as I realized. When writing this one, I didn’t have the menu so when googling I found this other similar meal post and cut and paste the text intending to keep the ingredients and replace all the “description.” But I just got distracted and totally forgot to come back and replace them. Then a couple weeks later the post just spits out of my posting queue — I’m very sorry. It’s totally my fault, and I feel quite sheepish, but I did not intend to publish it in that state. These posts take a couple hours each (X several a week) and so I’m always trying to work through my backlog quickly.

Personally, I don’t think that explanation makes much sense since he didn’t exactly copied it word and word. There were plenty of deletion and minor edits here and there that showed he already spent time “writing” through the review rather than a straight copy and paste. So his claim of intending to replace the copied and pasted writing is very shaky at best…

At the very least, he did acknowledge plagiarizing so I commend him for that.

11 Likes

Yeah :smirk:. Lame CYA attempt

6 Likes

Since Andy personally extended his apology, let’s put this behind us and move on. Thank you FTC’ers for the support though!

11 Likes

I think Andy should personally treat you to meal at hayato to bury the hatchet.

6 Likes

:drooling_face:

2 Likes

Whole month of res went fast. Only 1-3 seat res allowed it looks like?

Most days were booked within seconds…

A couple Tuesdays were free for a party of 2 until about 10:04

1 Like