Hayato - ROW DTLA

Don’t choose the wrong cup!

6 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Reservation scalping

To the FTC community, thank you. Your posts and comments are great read. I visited Hayato twice back in 2019 before and after the stars and then in again in 2022. Also, I managed to go this year because I got lucky and someone said “cancel my res” so I was backup lol I won’t post photos because my photos aren’t good enough haha.

I am hoping to go this month since it’s my birthday month, but I doubt I will make it off the list since fall is popular. I am glad there are photos of the toilet now :joy:the entire restroom was boujee for me. I’m not a baller so I only go when I can

13 Likes

Welcome to FTC @Foodiefromla :star: And happy Fall birthday to you. I hope you could make another appearance to admire that baller Toto again :joy: Remember to take a bathroom selfie with it next time tho.

@PorkyBelly always appreciate your toto posting among excellent menu reports every season!

4 Likes

I checked my album, I didn’t take photos of toro this time :expressionless: but I remember two things, more like three “ah, it warm” “is that marble?” And “wow the sink is probably made from a stone” :joy:

3 Likes

welcome

5 Likes

Welcome @Foodiefromla.

4 Likes

don’t be afraid to post, we won’t judge. good luck with the reservation, you never know, and happy birth month.

5 Likes

Welcome to FTC!!!

2 Likes

Welcome to FTC!

Don’t worry about the pics. I have a iPhone 12 and my pics look like I use a potato camera

5 Likes

Thanks everyone!

matsutake, seikogani, kegani, and spiny lobster season is the best season. if saba was in season that would be perfect :hugs:

@rlw power rankings forthcoming?

sakizuke - ebi shinjo, oregon matsutake somen, ankake

i’m bringing my own rice next time because i just want to eat this ebi shinjo and matsutake with a bowl of rice, so good.

sujiko, yamaimo, yuzu zest, dashi

steamed hokkaido kegani, kani miso

agemono - anago, satsumaimo

kue shabu shabu, tosazu gelee, shiso blossoms

(new) shinogi - sekogani okayu with uchiko and sotoko eggs, kani miso
warm porridge with sekogani, excellent.

owan - matsutake suimono, yuzu

sashimi - tai, tairagai

the texture and sweetness of the tairagai was incredible.

sake steamed abalone, abalone stock cubes, abalone liver sauce, wasabi

binchotan grilled hokkaido kinki, binchotan roasted maui onion

fried amadai, silver ankake, fresh ginko nuts

(new) mizore nabe - santa barbara spiny lobster, matsutake, komatsuna, yellow yuzu, grated daikon
the spiny lobster was super tender after being poached and then lightly grilled.

chinmi - grilled karasumi

gohan - gindara saikyo yaki

x3
this rice inflation is getting out of hand

ezgif.com-gif-maker (70)

shizuoka musk melon

bonus k&j nashi pear, sake jelly

fin

13 Likes

Only three bowls? Lol

1 Like

bowl deflation

1 Like

That musk melon looks insane. Did chef Brandon mention where it was from?

2 Likes

I was wondering about that too! I need that!

1 Like

it was juicier than a daytime telenovela, if you look closely you can see it dripping. they’re the crown melons in its own box you can sometimes get at marukai.

5 Likes

I’ve always wondered if those were any good. I’m always too scared to pay the money to purchase them just to end up getting a dud.

Does anyone know if there’s a season to get them?

1 Like

I believe they’re grown in a greenhouse in shizuoka so they’re always in season.

they’re $120 at marukai the last time I checked. watching how they’re grown (given daily meni-pedis and enrolled in private school) it’s unlikely there will be a dud. maybe we can start an ftc crown melon pool.

4 Likes

You ain’t lyin. Wow. :melon::two_hearts:

3 Likes