Help me book something now that Barbuto is closed

I thought the old Barbuto was quite charming - a nice neighborhood place that wasn’t a scene. The famous roast chicken didn’t do it for me, but I thought some of the side dishes were really good. I liked the garage doors that rolled opened in warm weather, which apparently the new place won’t have, although I read the new place has floor to ceiling windows. Plus I read that all but one of Jonathan Waxman’s former staffers are coming back to work with him at the new place – I think it is worth checking out just because I think that loyalty says something nice about the restaurant leadership in this day and age.

3 Likes

I loved the chicken on my first visit but it has been ages

1 Like
1 Like

Oh it’s right by the Whitney!

Have you hit it yet?

Nope and probably won’t since I am not full-time in New York. If I were full time in New York and lived nearby, I would definitely go as I had a nice dinner there last year (despite not being wowed by the chicken), but I’m not sure it is destination worthy as opposed to a lovely neighborhood restaurant.

1 Like

I am very excited to return in the near future. So refreshing to see a restaurant seemingly die, then get revived (phoenix down). Never did get a chance to eat during the day, next to those great garage doors though.