Highland park - Pre show @Lodge Room

If it’s a weekend Little Fish has been running the kitchen at Lodge Room. Otherwise Hippo, cafe birdie, and Otoño are good options. Rosty and burgerlords are fine, I think Homestate is a little worse than that. Might recommend Cacao in eagle rock, or Hermosillo and then tacos from the stand at Fig and York.

3 Likes

That is a very cool bar… no drinking for a bit though.

Yep… been bookmarked for ages… no drinks for now but thanks

i just went through food pics at all he places and honestly el huaraches azteka next to Herm has me more excited. no dis though

Man Cafe Birdie was a bust. Really uninteresting menu. Ended up getting some average fried chicken, one of the pieces was severely underdone . Cauli side whatever. Salad ok. Drink good. Sorry I can’t expand on the reasons why but a couple of tacos would have been more satisfying lol

7 Likes

That’s a bummer. Used to be great when they first opened, although I suppose it’s been a while…

it is a very cool place and maybe i ordered wrong. there just wasnnt really anything on the menu… i suppose pasta and steak should be attempted… friend’s burger was whatever… other friend’s fried chicken had crappy small pieces compared to mine lol. just a shame to have a space that nice and just be average