Home Cooking 2019

What a great idea! Never thought of anything like this. Thanks.

1 Like

Thanks, Cath! But you usually catch my spelling errors. I’ll wait ‘til you do before changing it. Start at the top. :wink:

Regionion? or Vegenaise ???

1 Like

:wink:

I made stuffed peppers, but people are eating the stuffed part before I even plated.

3 Likes

Philistines!

3 Likes

That’s hilarious!

Some time ago I read someone’s blog I believe about her failures at biscuit making. Someone eventually turned her on to White Lily Self-Rising Flour. This was in my file so it must be hers. Being from the South and a many years past subscriber to “Southern Living” magazine I went with this.

And the photo of mine looks exactly like I grew up eating. Those gigantic, puffy things aren’t.

2 Likes

BTW someone - perhaps even Julie Child - suggested years ago that you cut the pepper in half from stem to what’s the other end called? You get more stuffing and it’s easier to eat. But I think your friends are concerned :slight_smile:

Does look like you got some layers going? I like the flaky layer biscuits.

My taters! Really love sweet small golden potatoes fried after parboiling. Going to have to try that crusty alkaline thing Kenji L does

3 Likes

It works! And the results are glorious…even better if when you use prime rib drippings to roast them in.

1 Like

I avoided that technique for years because it seemed too fussy but it really takes very little extra effort or time and gives a fantastic result. Never been so glad to be wrong about something

1 Like

After replying those crispy Kenji potatoes sounded really good so I made some last night and used them again in hash this morning.

3 Likes

Kenji just posted a new iteration of his potatoes that incorporates parmesan cheese and a few other tweaks. Here’s the link, sorry for the paywall:

1 Like

She came correct today!

One “pot” dishes are the best

6 Likes

Spatchcocking fun

4 Likes

Do you use shears or a knife?

I use the poultry butcher across the street. Lucky to have 2

1 Like

Wasn’t sure if I should pay this on the LA board or home cooking but i made sure to grab my tickets before posting

Hosted by Jon from Japanese knife imports demo by the Butcher from Gwen

4 Likes