Home Cooking 2019

Why are you learning how to butcher lamb?

I enjoy learning new knife skills and it’s fun hanging with people that care that much about ingredients

3 Likes

Very cool. That’s a nice mindset. You’re welcome to my dinner table :slight_smile:

1 Like

Have you seen this guy on YouTube? I have learned so much from this as far as butchering and yield.

No but I’ll check him out. There is a great series of videos on the Japanese knife imports page on how to break down 15+ Kinds of fish each video is short but really well done

It’s funny. I looked and the term is quite ancient but when we first started doing it (on indirect on our Weber charcoal) over 30 years ago we called it “butterflying.”

Butterflying and spatchcocking are two deferent ways. If you cut on the chest it’s one, on the back it’s the other

Is Spatchcock the same as butterfly?

I believe " butterfly " is actually the slang term for " spatchcock " - they are indeed the same thing. … Spatchcock is a specific kind of butterflying technique, for birds. It involves not only removing the backbone but also the keel/breast bone, and often some mechanism to secure the bird in a flat position.Apr 4, 2010

[

Spatchcock vs. butterflied chicken - Home Cooking - Chicken .

](Chowhound)

Guess I learned something today

Delicious… what is it?

Lamb with tons of herbs and dried fruit in a pumpkin

1 Like

Delicious