Home Cooking 2020

Nope, it’s Penzy’s Italian Dressing base to which you add oil and vinegar. I also add some additional salt, pepper and granulated garlic and granulated onion. I used white wine vinegar and avocado oil for this batch.

So that’s a dry product? Thanks as always.

Stir fried pea shoots with garlic, dumpling city, soy sauce pan fried noodle

11 Likes

Here’s a link to the Penzy’s salad dressing base. . Same concept as Good Seasonings salad dressing.

2 Likes

Ceviche

6 Likes

What’s in it?

Shrimp, onion, cucumber, tomato and avocado

1 Like

Snickerdoodling with the kids tonight.

13 Likes

Pasta night tonight. The kids helped make spaghetti and meatballs while I made Alfredo sauce and garlic bread.

3 Likes

I just want to say how proud I am of everybody. I came to this page because of the restaurant skills and now it looks like we are all getting very good practice on our own kitchens.

4 Likes

Ube custard cake

18 Likes

That looks amazing. Great crust on the custard. Did it taste as good as it looks?

1 Like

Thanks! Pretty darn good!

Can I steal your recipe? I think my mom would love that.

1 Like

My wife adapted it from this recipe.

4 Likes

Nice tortillas!! I aspire to that translucent quality, not there yet. Can see the rim of the plate right through the tortilla!

If you get your hands on an electric tortilla press, it makes all the difference. Sonoratown uses themes find it in dtla

1 Like

First try at sour dough. Looks good.

11 Likes

Indeed, it does.

Here’s my first try a couple days ago. I figured if those old gold miners up in the Yukon could produce a respecatble loaf without modern conveniences, perhaps I could too :yum: It worked! I did and it tastes good. I’m sure yours will be equally successful.

9 Likes

Haha. My wife is telling me sourdough is healthy because there is no sugar in the bread and the health benefits of fermented foods.

Money shots.

12 Likes