• 1 onion, diced
  • 2 garlic cloves, sliced
  • 1 large potato, diced
  • 700ml of chicken stock
  • 50g of spinach, roughly chopped
  • 50g of sorrel, roughly chopped
  • 1 handful of parsley leaves, chopped
  • 1 handful of dill, chopped

“Summer” ha ha ha. Yesterday here it was high of 65 with winds up to 15 mph.

What is shav? Or are you referring to our word ‘shavel’ which is just russian for sorrel?

this armenian says leg of lamb

yes that sounds very right! but i’d load up as much sorrel+spinach as you can fit. it wilts down like crazy… do need both or it’s too sour. need hard boiled egg in the plate imo… it’s essential texture difference. …

i need to find other application for sorrel… going to try to saute… maybe bake a pie?

aah… sounds same… i’ve only heard it called green borsch

In my family, borscht is always cold beet soup, and schav is always cold sorrel soup. I was an adult before I learned that borscht could also be hot, didn’t necessarily contain beets, and could involve meat.

1 Like

@robert about Lobi or as Georgians call it, lobio, actually not sure how Georgians make it, I haven’t had the pleasure…

I actually don’t know an exact recipe but I’ve been approximating it and optimizing to my liking. My family and relatives use large red beans and cook it down with onion and garlic then add walnuts and herbs…

I use smaller Salvadoran beans…can’t even figure out why I like them… I do extra onion and garlic and a red onion… I toast my walnuts and also grind fenugreek into the mix… come out great and of course I add chicken stock :). No herb for me, I’m going for super nutty fried oniony thing

They and me like them partially broken/smashed

2 Likes

That’s pretty much the same as Georgian lobio. Of course they probably add some blue fenugreek (unrelated to regular fenugreek) and dried marigold petals (sometimes labeled “saffron” in English).

1 Like

Suckling pig or porchetta

If you don’t have a cholesterol problem how about this, Bacon Wrapped, Peach Glazed, Pork Loin on the Rotisserie with The MEATER - YouTube?

2 Likes

Made Greek-like chicken again.

I made more than usual so I had to use a sheet pan rather than my giant oven safe skillet.

9 Likes

First attempt at Wool Roll Bread.

Stuffed wtih pesto and parm. A little uneven on the rolling bit but it sure tasted good.

13 Likes

Cool! I’ve never heard of that before.

ETA: Just watched the Apron video - man, that is FUSSY.

1 Like

Reminded me of this

3 Likes

Made some killer carne asada.

And two salsas…

https://www.foodtalkcentral.com/t/carne-asada-marinade-seasoning/12983/23?u=gr8pimpin

11 Likes

Did a ton of grilling this weekend. Only got to snap these though. Split and grilled lobsters. Cha ca long inspired butter dill sauce for slathering.

14 Likes

Great work!

1 Like

I think I finally got Sicilian right with this sourdough starter

15 Likes