Home Cooking 2023

Call Raley’s and see if they can order it for you?

1 Like

Well you’re talking to Mr…Magoo Get me out of here

My friends were nabes in SF. Lawyer and free lance court reporter. Loving it.

Well, well. A success. Here’s the recipe I scalped.

Far exceeded my expectation.

Thanks.

4 Likes

when you want Needle but don’t live in LA, 'ya do it yourself.

21 Likes

I think I’m going to start milking beaver castor glands for my desserts. I cannot believe this.

3 Likes

got @js76wisco ‘fluenced and got thinking about gjelina’s dishes. here’s our recreation of the shichimi togarashi carrots with a spiced yogurt and the grilled escarole with garlic breadcrumbs and red pepper. wish they opened a location in SF and not NYC (rip)…

11 Likes

Gjelina seemed very much like a San Francisco restaurant to me.

Is there any kind of fish sauce sufficiently unsalty that you’d use six tablespoons for one pound of freah rice noodles?

Assuming those aren’t the only ingredients it doesn’t sound too off?

What kind of fish sauce? (I didn’t see this as a reply so don’t know what it refers to.)

Chicken parm, pasta and cauliflower. Yes a weird combo but tasty. The cauliflower was roasted then seasoned liberally with lemon, olive oil, salt, garlic powder, smoked paprika, sumac, Aleppo pepper, harissa and mint.

6 Likes

It was way too salty.

Looking at nutrition labels they all seem to have around 1500 mg of sodium per teaspoon.

Got transparent farms shrimp at the farmers market and did an Alison Roman recipe. Grilled, then tossed with tomato, garlic, EVOO, salt and pepper. Shrimp just unbelievably sweet.

10 Likes

Da best!!!

1 Like

sushi is home cooking

11 Likes

Where did you buy the fish? US sakayu?

Sakashu (sakasyu) is too expensive nowadays for a non-resto entity cuz I don’t buy bulk/regular orders. This is from ABS seafood in SF (home cooks can buy from them if you look up “Truefish”). Yama Seafood is also good if you have lots of money and want something like Kinki.

3 Likes

Caponata practice continuing

8 Likes

Almost all the photos I’ve seen of this are WAY lighter. Is there something you do to get that darkness.