Hope angelenos here are all safe and out of range of the fires

sorry–no food content here.

9 Likes

Smoky skies and burning eyes.

Is close to LA actually in danger at this point? Seems like it’s north and then near SD. And Bel-Air. So scary.

i have a broad conception of los angeles. if the getty is in the danger zone then…

4 Likes

Bel-Air is simply a region within metro Los Angeles, and the Creek Fire is in unincorpoated LA county. Ventura is a different county altogether.

Thanks. I had a friend who used to live in Oxnard so I’m a little familiar with that area. So scary.

Indeed. Hopefully, the weather cooperates. :frowning:

We live at Tahoe where fire, like SoCal, is a constant danger. So our thoughts are always with you.

2 Likes

I’ve had a front-row seat for the SF earthquake, Oakland Hills fire, 9/11, and now the LA fires.

Which is to say, you should probably avoid me. :slightly_frowning_face:

6 Likes

Please stop moving.

8 Likes

Missed 9/11 but was there for the other 3. During the SF earthquake I was living in Santa Rosa in a cooperative apartment complex. We had a communal TV antenna 40 feet up in a redwood tree. I had climbed up to put a signal booster on it for the world series (these were the primitive days of broadcast TV) when the earthquake struck. The tree swayed like crazy. I thought of jumping off, but then I realized this tree had lived through the 1906 quake. I was the safest place I could be. Watched a tsunami go through our pool and listened to power lines drop all around. When I climbed down we had freeze dried backpacking meals cooked on a camp stove. Stock up on freeze dried and get a camp stove!

5 Likes

I cannot even imagine how terrifying that must’ve been! Glad you and the tree made it through!

2 Likes