How is Monty's Good Burger?

Is the whole menu vegan?

Yeah it’s all vegan. It’s just an impossible burger so if you like those you’ll probably like it. I prefer Burgerlords.

2 Likes

Heavy. It’s pretty good in terms of flavor, but the over rely on spread. I always feel gross after eating there.

5 Likes

If you are looking for a vegan burger I will second Burgerlords. Montys is just an Impossible patty which reads like a science experiment in the ingredients.

Burgerlords actually makes their own patty using veggies, legumes, grains, etc. I can’t believe how popular Monty’s is.

7 Likes

I went to Monty’s expecting a vegan InO replacement and that’s what I got.

Hmmn, a lot of hype in the New York Times.

I was wondering if it was any good. All Instagram?

1 Like

It’s kinda like InO but vegan. tastes good but…I don’t personally need to go out of my way to get there because I’m not vegan.

4 Likes

Like others have mentioned, it’s good, but a bit over the top. They use a lot of toppings to hide the slightly off taste of the impossible burger. I actually wanted to love it, but the two times I had it… I got a tummy ache. I’m sure it’s the spread, I use Impossible ground beef for home cooking fairly often.

2 Likes

I thought it had a funny aftertaste but couldn’t figure out where it was coming from. I thought it might be the spread since I’ve had other Impossible burgers. The Window has an Impossible burger at a much lower price point than Monty’s which I liked better, though maybe it’s because the Beauty Burger uses real cheese.

2 Likes

Not great. Even my previously vegan now vegetarian spouse is lukewarm on it. Which coincidentally is warmer than the bun they serve is. Seriously, if you’re gonna serve a burger, at least make sure the bun isn’t cold.

3 Likes