Hui Tou Xiang Opens In Hollywood

agree. very thick and not very soupy

agree here as well. the non-spicy wonton in broth was much better

1 Like

yes
some sakes too

A few but 75% of the taps are empty.

So glad to have this place near me. Easily the best Chinese in my vicinity. Parking is a nightmare but I just use the CVS lot when doing pick up.

1 Like

Parking tip - it’s not a super great tip, but FWIW, I find spots on the Sunset end of Cahuenga fairly easy to come by. And the walk up to the H’wood end is entertaining, to say the least.

5 Likes

#MakeTheShlep

3 Likes

Had dinner here tonight. Can’t make sense of the location they chose. It’s not a pleasant area, parking is non existant, and the space itself isn’t that inviting. But having a Chinese restaurant of this caliber near me is pretty awesome.

We tried it this weekend as well, and I echo most of the sentiments you shared. (We did not try the spicy wonton or any of the noodle dishes.) We will definitely be back. It is exciting to have a place like this closer than SGV.

6 Likes

Wow, those are the same prices as the SG location. Egg & tomato noodles are must order. We frequent the SG location once a month and always get the pork hui tou, egg & tomato noodle, and seaweed. If we’re feeling extravagant, also the pork hock. The latter comes with some magic garlic sweet soy sauce :grin:

9 Likes

Wait, that was your full order of pork hui tou? If you look at my pic, there are 7 pieces because I ate one before I took the pic :wink: so we got 8 pieces for our order.

I ordered delivery on Postmates and the egg and tomato noodles were outstanding. Strangely I preferred the fish dumpling to the pork, though both were good.

A lot of people do.

Haha no, took the pic after we started eating. 8 pieces to an order :grin:

Tried the steamed veggie dumplings, beef hui tou, chicken pot-stickers and lamb skewers last night. The skewers were my surprise favorite. Cumin nicely balanced with spice. Strangely let down by the hui tou. Casing was a lot of fun but I found the meat to be somewhat hot dog-ish, chewy and looking like an undercooked lule. Other dishes were decent and a good value for the amount of food. A solid draft beer list too. Definitely coming back to try more dishes, especially as a pre-movie option once The Egyptian re-opens.

5 Likes

Try the egg and tomato noodles next time. I tried it thanks to @lileor and it was excellent!

1 Like

Very cool. Thought about getting them on this trip but we had already ordered too much for two people. It’s on for next time, though. Thanks for the heads-up!