I got $10 bucks for lunch

My beloved Filet O’ Fish with extra tartar and a small fry squished into a thing of beauty…too Ghetto for this high brow Chica???
NEVER!!!

1 Like

To the open market in Catania where I’m enjoying a wonderful nosh of cured meats, wonderful cheeses awesome warm crusty bread (50 cents), mini plum tomatoes (a kilo for 80 cents), olives!!!, oranges (kilo for 1.00) and a bottle of Syrah (2.50) all for under 10E.

Ciao Plummie!

Tofu House. 4646 Convoy Street.

Whatever. .
You only wish you were in Sicily but everyone knows that the markets close on Sundays…
Plus, who goes to Sicily in November when the water is too cold to swim and it’s in the 60’s.

Looks like you’re having a psychotic episode and you’re really at the just opened Catania in La Jolla.
Good try there Sledge…

:black_joker:

Recently tried Maritza’s based on all the comments in this thread. We absolutely LOVED it. It was the definitive [sleepy] neighborhood’s local hole-in-the-wall Mexican Food joint, with character to spare and just DELICIOUS food. We went on a weekday for lunch and of course most of the folks were regulars and seemed to know Carmen and she was warm and friendly with everyone–definitely a motherly feel. Man, what a great scene. It was so authentic and low key. And the food was just perfect for that kind of place. Delicious, all around. (Chile relleno was great; beef taco was classic. Didn’t get to try the carnitas this time unfortuntaely though.) We very much look forward to returning!

Who suggested Sunday? Just thought I’d be nice and suggest where to get a great lunch to eat for under $10. Nov. is the best time to get Nuovo EVOO.

Sorry if I offended. I’ll now go back to CH thanks.

Ciao.

1 Like

Have fun in Siracusa and say Hi to ‘Bert’ for me…dang, my dyslexia!
Ciao Sledge

Hopefully more people will eat the potato tacos at Mama Testa as there seem to be hardly any customers in the evening. Food was great tonight but I am not sure if the move to Mira Mesa was a good idea - the rents are lower but the customerbase is much smaller than in Hillcrest for “more expensive” Mexican food. I hope they don’t close shop soon.

always empty when i go, very sad.

During the day or evening ? Yesterday their official opening time was until 9pm but the already closed at 7:30pm due to lack of customer. If you go on Yelp the main complain is that the good is too expensive and you can get it for $2 around the corner at every Mexican place. I am always disappointed how little most people look at quality and variety of food (would love to find the taco shop which served this food for $2)

Honklin Gravy…
I had no idea Mama Testa’s was in Mira Mesa…
I’m so there.
Thanks Herr Greatness!
:de:

Are you OK, Plumeria? You made this post a few months back:

1 Like

Completely forgot about it but since my neurons aren’t synapsing like they used to,
But thanks Brian for pointing out my shortcomings…
:wink:

Weekend dinner, usually empty. It’s a shame.

Just reminding you, since I remembered a recent exchange about it. :smirk: I’m sure your neurons work a lot better than mine.

I may be going there for lunch tomorrow, as I’ll be in the area in the morning and could be there long enough to get to an early lunch.

1 Like

She’s probably suffering from FOFO.

Otherwise known as “Filet O Fish Overdose”.

1 Like

Ha…that would be one for the JAMA journal.

I had potato tacos. They were pretty good, but it wasn’t a life changing experience. I found their salsa bar interesting, but none of the salsas sang to me. I was the only one in there before 11:30, and after that there were only three or four other people. They seemed to be packing up some to go orders.

I may or may not repeat.

1 Like

These are good tacos but nothing life changing

Barbecue Pit (El Cajon, or newly reopened in North Park) Fresh sliced warm roast beef or ham sandwich with 1 side and a soda for $9.99 in NP. The coleslaw is good and the fries fresh and hot. I believe there is also one in National City. Old school but yummy.

1 Like