In Search of Golden, Crispy, Delectable Fried Chicken - Farmshop, Pann's, Jim Dandy, Huckleberry, The Brentwood, Republique, Honeybird, Howlin' Ray's and more!

Just saw this. And this story is a perfect example of why I haven’t had any fast food since the whole COVID thing started (and won’t until it’s all over) – poor training and low-pay employees who seem likely to come into work sick. The only exception is an occasional visit to In n Out, since they pay and train their employees well.

Say it ain’t so! @Chowseeker1999 , we love your posts – please don’t go! Or is this yet another example of the mod alienating an excellent poster and running him off the board?

1 Like

What?? No way!!! :cry:

2 Likes

I’d love to hear the story behind this, but I suspect we never will. A real loss!

1 Like

Yep, and he’s making sure you really feel it by trying to delete all his posts.

1 Like

So there are definitely some places that do better than others.

As you say, In-N-Out does a good job. Another place that has been very good is Taco Bell. Each one I have been to has had a separate person, not the cashier, bagging and serving the food. So that’s all they’re touching.

I ALWAYS use mobile apps to take advantage of touchless pay.

That Popeyes was my one and only time not using an app or mobile pay.

3 Likes

well, that’s some bad news…I’m really sorry to hear that

2 Likes

I’m thread drifting but the thing that scares me the most during pick ups is touchpads or ink pens especially when I don’t see them disinfect them right after my use. It’s happened numerous times at both fast food and other restaurants.

3 Likes

I carry a fresh Clorox wipe in my hand… always. If I have to touch something with one finger or so, I have a wipe for that finger LOL!

OT: You should see me at supermarkets. I bring a pack of wipes in with me. Wipe things as I take them off the shelf.

I only use self check out. I wipe down the entire station before using. The person checking out behind me is very lucky LOL.

In fact in the parking lot I spray down my shopping cart myself, with Lysol

5 Likes

Wow :flushed:, do your hands burn? Those Lysol/Clorox wipes are pretty powerful. Glad you’re taking precautions though.

I just do the good ole hand sanitizer and copious amounts of hand washing.

3 Likes

I don’t use them on my hands really. But if I have one on me and my finger touched a touch screen, dabbing my fingertip on it is good enough.

I typically don’t touch anything barehanded that I haven’t wiped down first.

3 Likes

I hope you guys are eating some kimchi, sauerkraut, Greek yogurt a few times a week. You are killing your Normal Flora!

5 Likes

I know! Who thought touchpads in a restaurant was a good idea? Writing your signature with your finger! Gross!

1 Like

You must be hoarding them. I haven’t seen a bleach wipe in months.

2 Likes

I carry a brass door opener/keypad tool but it’s annoying how some places still have their pads programmed so that you have to touch the screen since the tool won’t register.

2 Likes

Driving by Pizza Wagon on Ventura Blvd, I noticed a coming soon, Al’s Hot Chicken sign in the space previously occupied by Saffron.

http://www.alshotchicken.com/

Has anyone ever had this chicken at their other location in Palms?

I seem to ask this a lot:

Anyone ever try this joint ?

CLUCK & BLAZE

4000 San Fernando Rd
Glendale, CA 91204

They have a location in Long Beach

They do whole chicken as well as tenders.

All photos YELP!

Chicken Sandwich

Hot Chicken Breakfast Burrito!

3 Likes

Looks really good and really close to me. I think I’m going to try this place tomorrow.

1 Like

Dave’s hot chicken is coming to Sherman Oaks, in the old Baja Fresh Location across from Midici at the corner of Ventura and Cedros.

I did not know Baja Fresh closed.

I wonder when this fad will fade too. With my impeccable business timing I should open up “GrPimpin’s Hot Chick’n, Kwik-Fired Pizza and Poke Emporium”

“May I interest you in our house-made ambrosia salad?”

8 Likes

is also coming to overland and venice next to CPK.

1 Like