Instacart versus Amazon Prime Now versus Mercato

Map posted on their Instagram

https://www.instagram.com/p/CXUKIXuP2p5/

1 Like

Rye bread loaf from Langer’s is also available for $8

Langer’s isn’t the same to go, but it’s good.

We spent most of the Holiday week in Ventura and thankfully divided up holiday duties. We were Thanksgiving, Mom was Christmas. Wanting to spend of as much time with the folks as possible, I did New Year grocery shopping before we left. Coming back this week (Thankfully to Negative tests) we had ZERO desire to go shopping. I had planned a Locale order already… But this weeks ended up a little heftier than I had planned…

I was really happy by the items they had added recently! ChoriMan chorizo, Tortellini from Pasta Sisters, Potato Balls from Portos! I got a savory pastry from Farmshop (Which was pretty tasty with my morning tea), a pack of Birria frozen burritos from Burritos La Palma, Coleslaw and Potato Salad from Langers, another head of delicious butter lettuce and a Honey Lemonade from Apricot Lane Farms.

The item was most excited about was the Pasta Sisters Tortellini. I love their pastas, but have never tried their tortellini. I knew it was a small amount (5oz), but they are TEENY. I’ll probably use them for soup… We’ll see…

But I have already enjoyed up some of the other items… Ordered the Cole Slaw and Potato Salad from langers, but no pastrami. It’s just always so much better there. We had Shoku Pan from Roji bakery in the freezer and cold cuts needing to be used. So it was a great accompaniment with some really nice sammiches with that fresh butter lettuce. The thing about Langers Cole Slaw and Potato Salad is that they both are rather sweet. So we made sure to add some lots of freshly cracked black paper on the cole slaw and add a bit of yellow mustard and a touch of horseradish to the tater salad AWESOME.

For New Years Eve dinner. I put together a Beef Wellington with some shaved brussel sprouts. and cue the potato balls!

I heated these up in a 350 oven for 10 minutes and they came out perfectly crisp and heated through. Getting Portos has become so much easier since the Pandemic… Their pick up and drive in order system is AWESOME. But getting these on my doorstep was worth the entire order!

Finally… the Apricot Lane Farms Lemonade. Usually I don’t like cold drinks sweetened with Honey. So I used it up tonight with my new Years Soba. I added a big shot of gin and it was a great match. They honey flavor is strong, but overall it was a nicely balanced lemonade. They have offered eggs before from Apricot Lane Farms (Which if you haven’t seen the Documentary Little Big Farm… it’s just stunning), but soon will also start offering Chicken! So already looking forward to my future delivery…

Another thing to note is on the box they mentioned reusing ice packs and containers (Like the mini cooler bags) which makes me SO HAPPY. I had already given away one of the mini coolers to my buy nothing group and worried about having to do that moving forward. So a continued thumbs up from me.

10 Likes

PSA… Good Eggs is now available in L.A. (At least a portion of it. :roll_eyes:). I spent some time browsing the site and it’s pretty much a full option of stuff! A good selection of produce, meat, even some household goods! There are a few good suppliers from the Bay Area, some from here. Nothing too wow or different from the other local services or speciality shops around town. Still, I was curious about a few items and would have posted to after I gave it a shot… but they don’t delivery to my area of L.A. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: Yeah. I already let them have it on Social Media. I had to use a Culver City zip to view the selection. We’ll see if they expand… or actually make a go at it this time…

2 Likes