JThur01's October and November SGV Updates

4 Likes

Update on Guan Dong Dayuan in that their main menu now has small English subtitles. Not sure if that’s a good thing in light of a dish that caught my eye popped up–stir fried silkworm pupae.

I would have put this on a new post except that a glitch on the board has prevented me from starting a new topic for a few days already.

1 Like

Further proof of the blurring of “cuisines” in the border regions. That’s beondegi, a popular Korean street food/snack.

1 Like

Same pedigree for the tuna rice balls I had there?

Beondegi I know, that I do not know.

If only people knew what beondegi is.

I had something similar in Australia: Wichetty grub.

I had escamol in Mexico City, thinking it was bulgur wheat salad of some sort.

1 Like

Truly - ants climbing tree!

Since I am still unable to post new topics, I’m forced to edit the title of the October post and add JThur01’s November update as a reply to that post.

2 Likes

Why’s that? Did you contact @robert or @ipsedixit?

Yes I did, which was forwarded to the webmaster with no relief. Essentially I have a draft which I unsuccessfully tried to delete that’s blocks me from making a new post.

@discourse is this a known bug? Is there a fix?

@chandavkl, post your “draft” – i.e., make it an official post. Tag me, and then I will delete the post for you. Maybe that’ll unblock your account.

1 Like

Actually that’s the first thing I tried many days ago. Clicking the “Open Draft” button which replaces the “New Topic” button does not open the draft, and furthermore completely freezes the browser tab.

Maybe clear your cache and log out and then log in?

Since Discourse support hasn’t responded to my post here, I opened this on their site:

https://meta.discourse.org/t/open-draft-replaced-new-topic-but-does-not-work/103265

1 Like

Thanks for fixing!

I was in S. Korea in 2006 and I’ll never forget the godawful smell, nor will I forget the enthusiastic gusto with which schoolkids schlorped them down.

Mr Taster