June 2016 Weekend Rundown

Thanks for the report back on all 3 Momofukus. Sounds unfortunate (Momofuku Ko), especially dropping $265 per person.

Glad I decided against those Ko reservations then!

##Tacolandia
I’m glad i don’t have to hunt for my food, i don’t even know where tacos live :taco:

12 Likes

As usual, funny and tasty too.

2 Likes

Thanks for the report back. I can understand the MilkBar comments. That said, I really like a lot of their stuff, specifically their cookies. I was also pleasantly surprised by the truffles. But I also tried the cereal milk just for kicks and got no where near finishing it, so maybe that flavor is just a sweet dud.

@Ns1 - Same! I actually had reservations but ended up cancelling.

Nice @PorkyBelly. That was a lot of tacos. Glad you were able to get that many. Which were your favs?

Entirely possible I just ordered the wrong things I suppose.

OSpent Friday morning at Grand Central Market.
Dropped by Wexler’s for a half sturgeon and half smoked salmon everything bagel. I am in love with the salmon…there was an interesting funk to the sturgeon and bones that I wasn’t a fan of.
I know that Bombo isn’t particularly popular, but the paella rice was quite good. I will say that I miss the soccorat. The seafood was cooked well, and the aroma of the saffron lobster broth was so good! The honey ginseng limeade was also quite good.

I had to stop by McConnell’s for ice cream. I had the Whiskey Praline and Earl Grey with Butter Biscuits. I loved both flavors.

8 Likes

Forgot to mention that I got a box of these, too.

5 Likes

Love Macarons

Glad it tasted good. But that soggy-looking dish is more of a risotto, not paella. But again, I’m glad you liked it.

No, you’re right. It should be called risotto. That would actually sell better.

Highlights were:

Mariscos La Guerrerense - seafood tostados. So authentic donald trump wanted to build a wall around it.

Taco Maria - smoked sturgeon taco

Coni’seafood - fried shrimp jicama taco

Guerrilla tacos - scallop tostato

Mariscos Jalisco - tacos de camaron

Monkey Bar + RBTA - japanese braised pork belly and ponzu salmon tostada

Tacos Kokopelli - fish and squid ink

5 Likes

Friday was the first day of the new collaboration between Sanrio and Plan Check featuring Sanrio’s characters Chococat and Pompompurin.

Sunday was the We Run The Grove fun run where you could do either the half marathon distance or 10k. My wife and kids did the 10k and I did the half marathon. Afterwards we went to Canter’s where I had the pastrami reuben and then bought some black and white cookies to take home.

8 Likes

[quote=“WesSabi, post:74, topic:3444”]
Sanrio and Plan Check
[/quote] That’s an interesting/curious thing they do. We went to Plan Check earlier this year and they had a Hello Kitty Menu.

Kudos to you and your family on the marathons!

1 Like

No seriously, did you buy this or did you just get some buttered corn and threw some uni on top?

More importantly, how was it?

2 Likes

Was in Santa Cruz and had wonderful Mongolian-Russian dumplings at Oyunaa’s Mongolian Cuisine.

6 Likes

Aqui Es Texcoco

Lamb barbacoa

Quesadillas, un huitlacoche, un barbacoa de borrego, y un hongos.

And un quesotaco de barbacoa de borrego cuz cheese lyfe

Bonus cheese action shot

Back to Beijing Pie House becuz I needed more lamb. Was picking up some BBQ at Sam Woo and happy to report the C rating in the window. The BBQ was excellent.

Got the lamb noodle soup (excellent) and of course the lamb pancake. So good.

9 Likes

How long will the PomPomPurin/Chococat menu set be available at Plan Check? I’d love to splurge on a cute & tasty meal :heart_eyes:

It’s going on through July 10th.

1 Like