ki kim sighting @PorkyBelly @moonboy403

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQuCMprrx6G/?utm_medium=copy_link

3 Likes

that mackerel :heart: :blush: :heart:

2 Likes

Sweet corn ice cream.
Manuela.

3 Likes

personally, I think a term like “Neo-neapolitan” should refer to the contemporary boom in wood fired, artisanal pizzas, not a pizzeria thats been around for nearly a 100 years…just call it New Haven pizza

1 Like

Not to belabor the point, but in his book “American Pie” Peter uses this term to refer to a pizza with a thinner, crisper crust that either New York style or Neapolitan especially as the latter style has to conform to AVPN standards. His recipes in this category cover more than just New Haven style pizzas. That said its just a convenient label to assist when making a style of pizza, and not intended to be an ironclad category.

2 Likes

Mori Sushi omakase - Don’t let the boarded up windows on the outside fool you - Maru-san is back, and working his usual wizardry in the house. #SergioDefinitelyIn. He’s doing all his own quality control, prep, and cooking now, and you can taste the attention to the detail here. The only other staff there consists of a dishwasher and a server for sake.

Hanasakigani (flower red crab), from Hokkaido…

Sakura ebi, from Suruga Bay, Shizuoka… VERY special treat. Sweet, translucent HUGE BITES from the sea!

10 Likes

Do you know if they have any plans to fully reopen?

Marketplace parking FTW! And if you stop in the library, you can get validated for three hours.

1 Like

I was at Roca Pizza today, for the very first time and - yum.
Got the asparagus with goat cheese, topped with fresh mint.
Prices have gone up a bit - $6 for the slice but worth every penny. And the dough? Brilliant.
PS. And I did park at the Marketplace and walk over :smile:

5 Likes

I’d like to know how it compares now to when Sergio was in the house.

Umm… Sergio may be in the house and I may have met him. Very handsome Italian man with a beard, asking me how I liked the pizza and talking about how he chooses his ingredients.

All I know is - it was fabulous.

I am a huge Nancy Silverton fan and had her Triple Beam pizza in Highland Park, when it first opened and she was there daily - and it was wonderful. The slice I had today? Better.

I believe Chef left the partnership not long after it got off the ground. He’s no longer affiliated with the business.

https://www.rocapizza.com/our-story

No mention of Sergio.

Also this…

1 Like

There is a public parking garage across from the library on Harvard. I think it’s 90 minutes free and $1 per 1/2 hour after that.

Also if it’s at night, stop in and visit my friends at Oak & Vine on Harvard for a whiskey or wine. They are in soft open mode.

1 Like

Bros, my name is Luigi :rofl: :rofl: and yes, no longer affiliated :call_me_hand:

16 Likes

Gr8pimpin - I know where Oak and Vine is! I have not been there but I know that location. Will make sure to check them out next time I am there!

1 Like

Working on any new pizza projects?

Ask for my friend Ed. If he’s there, tell him “your Jewish friend sent me”

1 Like

Nope. Staying away from the food business for now, and pursuing other stuff at the moment. If I do ever do anything again, it’ll be on the other side of the recession that we are heading towards in the next 12-18 months. Going to let costs and inflation stabilize first :crazy_face:

14 Likes

Totally makes sense the cost of food is so crazy right now I’m sure restaurants are having a difficult time, but if you do go back to food at any point, please let us know!

2 Likes