June 2024 Rundown

Specific recs for found oyster and all time?

at all-time, the burrata, salad, and the cobbler, and also the ceviche and halibut. i’ve found some dishes hit-or-miss and the cooking sometimes inconsistent, but those dishes are generally very good and the burrata is always exceptional — one of the best dishes in LA. it’s also just a casual, easy, nice place for a dinner.

at found oyster, it’s usually all pretty good. but i always like the wedge salad, whatever fish dip they have, the bread, and the tostada.

1 Like

Azizam LA, Tsubaki, Found Oyster, Budonoki, Heng Heng Chicken Rice, Pa Ord (deboned roast duck) with a dessert bang bang to Kanomwaan…

5 Likes

i agree on all these too but a special shout-out to azizam — it is very good

4 Likes

That’s why I included it first. I agree: Their Kofteh Tabrizi was fantastic. Cannot find anything like that in Westwood.

4 Likes

Azizam seems too casual, and found oyster is borderline too casual.

Anything more sit downy?

Ah you hadn’t mentioned that bit about sit downy…

Kenbey Sushi, Alimento, Kinkan, Mother Wolf, Bacetti, Providence, Gwen…

2 Likes

donna’s

1 Like

Azizam. We liked it. Cute place. Friendly service, lovely environment. Good food.

5 Likes

gotta strongly disagree with All Time - live around the corner and have given it way too many chances. avoid, esp for a "nice sit down’. Same with Found, the juice ain’t worth the squeeze unless you get there at 4:30 and eat right when they open.

4 Likes

Lots of other good options, but just throwing out Botanica and Mirate in addition. Also seconding Bacetti and Tsubaki, both of which I quite like.

3 Likes

Bacetti might be one of them that I look into more. Also will check out mirate since I loved cinco puntos

I did not love botanica.

Mariscos Los corchos catered at home, was tipped off to this spot by bill esparza

Anthony and his crew were so nice and friendly and it was great would recommend if you’re doing home catering.

12 Likes

Wow. That looks delicious. I wish I was closer to Rialto to enjoy their cooking.

2 Likes

Got a whole school of fish on that table! Looks great, would never have thought of catered zarandeado

1 Like

Yeah they came and grilled at the house which was nice

4 Likes

Amour. French. WeHo.

Warrior. Food was fine. Nice atmosphere. Good French wine list. Enjoyable meal. But there are better options in this price range, and the restaurant offers nothing that makes me eager to return.

Peony. Good food. Great service and environment. I would come back.

2 Likes

… defunct? What?

It’s still there, I just shopped at Marukai the other day. The shopping bags still say Marukai anyway -that place is in bad need of a make over though.

1 Like

Yikes. Sorry about that error. I thought I had seen for-lease signs on the building (I’ve never been myself) and/or the person who cuts my hair (who is Japanese and has shopped there) might’ve told me that it had closed.

I will edit my post.

2 Likes