Juneteenth Celebration

I say today is easy for the businesses to make numbers so commit to a day next week when you’ll support a black owned restaurant.

4 Likes

Son of a bitch, who took my steak pie?

1 Like

Dayum! All Pies Sold-out by 9:05! Good for them! I had a feeling I’d probably just end up donating $$.

6 Likes

Unfortunately, only one family could come so we could not order from Revolutionario. They do not have their regular menu available, only the catering dishes. Since there were only 6 of us, we could probably only order one 1/2 tray and eating only one type of taco is not really a celebration to me. I also have too many leftovers to order with the thought of leftovers in mind. Anyway, we ended up ordering from Ribtown BBQ as suggested by @TheCookie. It was good. They were so nice. I pre-ordered and paid via text/Venmo: ribs, chicken, mac n cheese, potato salad, and greens. They had everything ready for me when I came by. The ribs were particularly tasty. I especially liked how the sauce was well and truly incorporated with the meat. Sometimes, the sauce ends up sliding off the ribs because they are only basted a couple of times. This was sauced very nicely. I enjoyed the mac n cheese and greens very much. Everyone else really liked the potato salad (along with the ribs and other sides) but I found it had too much relish in there fore me. I like a more savory potato salad, like the one that comes with the torta at Chichen Itza. Anyway, my family already has plans for more ribs.

3 Likes

Oh good! Glad it worked out. I still need to try Ribtown, lol.

I’m with you about savory potato salad and probably wouldn’t put any relish in at all if hubby didn’t love it.

1 Like

You made the right called about the tacos. I love eating all kinds of food and wish I had unlimited resources and no weight gain, and no food waste. Ahhh.

Congratulations on the Ribtown choice, and hope all was enjoyed!

1 Like

@TheCookie Did you end up getting to try Ribtown? Looks like there might be a bit more of a crowd now :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yes, we finally ate the Q!

I want to do a Chowseeker1999 and go again before a full report. They were just opening back-up after the protesting and Chef Lonny confessed things were a little off. I’m excited to try it at its best, because I don’t love the popular, hyper-smoked Texas-style Q, and their “southern pit bbq” is right up my alley. They also have bomb Beef Links from Pete’s Sausage - unfortunately no Chicken Jalapeño that day. The Mac & Cheese was good and hubby loved the sweet relish Potato Salad @ChineseChou. :grin:

Sweet write-up! Thanks for posting. Hubby will love it. He thinks Chef Lonny is a cool dude and he’ll be tickled that he played football at Hamilton HS like his older bro.

TBC…

4 Likes