Kinn - Ktown

Realistically though, Sun Nong Dan is the play here.

3 Likes

yeah I’m not sure why they moved to a five-course and ditched the a la carte. during the preview we tried everything on the menu and probably could’ve had a few more courses (nine dishes total among two people). Anyway I think they’ll hear the feedback and up the course count and portions. Nothing is worse than leaving a tasting menu hungry.

5 Likes

i’m probably weird: but i often like a curated small meal. supplement options would make us all happy perhaps

I’d rather that than feel nauseous from too much / too rich food.

Do you remember how long it took to get through the whole meal? Trying to make a reservation for afterwards and want to be careful about timing. Thank you!

1 Like

we had a 530 reservation and we were done at 7. reserving our next bang bang at 730 was perfect!

2 Likes

Yeah it was pretty quick. Ours was at 7:15 and we were done before 8:30. I’d check the menu though and how many courses they’re doing—mine was only five but it looks like they may have added one or two.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info! Yeah looks like they’re doing 2 more courses as part of a holiday menu so might take more time. But knowing what it took at 5 courses is great as a reference to build on. Much appreciated for sharing! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

fyi I had the 7 course

2 Likes

Awesome!

Were you full? :heart::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart:

After briefly serving an a la carte menu, Kinn switched to a five-course tasting menu. This happened, Kim says, because enthusiastic customers kept asking him to just send out a progression of dishes.

1 Like

Would have been me aka the poor man’s OOE.

3 Likes

excellent first dinner of the night at kinn. the fine dining execution, modern takes on nostalgia, and portion sizes all in a casual environment really reminds me of kato.

come for the mackerel, leave for your next dinner reservation.

shout-out to the all 80s playlist.

트러플 타코
truffle taco

농어 물회
branzino mulhwe

잎새버섯과 성게알
hen of the woods with sea urchin

고등어구이
norwegian mackerel
so good :heart: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :heart:, i just wish it came with a carb like ki’s gim rice or the buckwheat noodles that @rlw got.

치킨 떡갈비
chicken tok-galbi

호박잎 쌈밥
squash leaf ssambap

돼지바
pig ice cream

15 Likes

10th heart…

OK I’ll bite: Where was dinner #2?

3 Likes

ooe at tokki.

review forthcoming, spoiler alert kinn > tokki

6 Likes

I thought Tokki was superb. Review forthcoming.

[UPDATE} Review here.

3 Likes

this looks nice but if it’s not filling, NOT HAPPY

Went for the holiday meal which looked to be the normal tasting menu with 2 extra courses. Most of the courses were already pictured up thread: Truffle Taco, Branzino Mulhwe, Mackerel, Truffle Barley Rice, and Pig Ice Cream. Additional courses were Lobster and Lamb Chop:

lamb with grilled onion and cumin rub

I enjoyed everything but the thing that stood out most to me was the truffle barley rice! Perhaps the only thing is that even with the heavier special menu courses the meal was still kind of light. I came out just barely ok. Personally, if there are no changes to the tasting I’m definitely planning a second dinner for next time. Thankfully, it’s Ktown so there’s plenty of options for a great second dinner!

10 Likes
4 Likes