Kiriko Sushi

Thanks for the heads up! My bf and I have been missing Chefs Ken and Tomo, definitely excited to see Tomo stay in the area!

2 Likes

Thanks for the heads up! That’s definitely going on the list of places to check out then

Happened to be driving by and saw it -it’s basicly at Ocean and Olympic in that City Hall-ish complex between the SM place and main street SM. So easy freeway access and easy parking as there is a parking structure right there.

3 Likes

90 minutes with validation or street meters (free after 9 pm). Tomo is still delivering the goods. But he is not there on Sundays or Mondays, I believe.

2 Likes

There’s also validated parking underground in the building (entrance on Ocean).

Going to try Tomo’s Omakase this Saturday. Have been looking for a quality sushi spot at decent price point, will find out if this is it!

2 Likes

Has anyone been to the spot that replaced Kiriko -Sushi Enya I think it’s called, worth checking out or nah?

It’s part of a sushi chain, though admittedly that doesn’t always connote something lesser.

But no, I haven’t tried their $300 omakase yet.

1 Like

I have not been to the Sawtelle location but find the branch in MDR just ok for the money. Were I in the Sawtelle area, I would be more inclined to go to Tsujita for sushi.

2 Likes

For some reason I didn’t realize Sushi Tsujita was still around

They are one of the better sushi options in Pasadena IMO. We had their omakase there a few years ago and it was pretty good (it wasn’t $300), though. I think they try to straddle the line between high quality fish options and the fancy roll crowd. Which has probably contributed to their success, I suppose.

Am I an outcast for admitting that the combo really appeals to me on paper (I haven’t been to Enya)?

4 Likes

The website says 200$ when I checked but maybe it’s not updated