Knead & Co. Pasta Bar + Market (Grand Central Market): A Pictorial Essay

I had time to wander a bit in the Grand Central Market, and decided to drop by the new place by Chef Bruce Kalman (Union in Pasadena) for a quick lunch.

Every dish tasted very good to excellent, with no misses. This is a very impressive feat, considering the limited kitchen space, and that everything is made pretty much fresh to order, and all done during a chaotic lunch rush.

Highlights included: Bucatini all’amatriciana, spelt cavatelli, and pork agnolotti (pork instead of duck today because they ran out of duck). All the pastas were super. I especially thought the cavatelli was perfect al dente - Couldn’t finish it fast enough…

RECOMMENDED.

Knead & Co. Pasta Bar + Market
Grand Central Market
317 S. Broadway
Los Angeles, CA 90013
www.kneadpasta.com

7 Likes

Thanks @J_L.

Beautiful pics as usual. :slight_smile: I had the opposite reaction (besides the Bucatini which was great!); the other pastas were solid to so-so for me, but they were super fresh as you said.

1 Like

well shit… finally something that makes me excited to go to GCM

2 Likes

We are doing something right if pastas in our food courts look like that. My god.

2 Likes

I love L.A.

1 Like
1 Like

Hot damn, that pasta looks excellent, @J_L!

Now that Cento has Saturday hours, there is even less reason for me to go to Knead & Co.

More and more, the whole GCM enviro feels like something out of a poorly written Kafka novella.

2 Likes