Korean BBQ - 2021 Update

The quality of the meat was solid but wasn’t blown away by Mun. Also, they play generic club music way too loud there.

5 Likes

What’s the current play there? What are the must orders?

2 Likes

Marinated galbi, thicc pork belly with grilled kimchee (so that pork fat cooks the kimchee), spicy cod, ggot sal.

Park’s bean paste is also like crack. Eat it with meats, garlic, jalapeños…etc…

5 Likes

Also the gochujang jjigae is well worth ordering.

1 Like

Oh lord. This is the place our pup has selected for Mother’s Day, lol. I can feel my ears ringing already. Maybe we won’t get in. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes

Was at Mun last weekend and loved it. No loud club music. (Unlike Quarters nearby that plays the worst possible flavor of EDM at ear piercing volumes.)

When we were there, Mun was playing a really nice selection of 90s and 00s hip hop at a reasonable volume. Probably the hippest crowd I’ve seen at a KBBQ spot in LA, comprised 90%+ of well dressed mid 20s/30s Koreans. This was at 8:00PM’ish on a Friday.

4 Likes

Good to know their music selection has improved!

Anyone know which spot is good for lunch? Wanted to try Mun or AB, but they’re both closed for lunch.

1 Like

Hi @endy - A quick search shows Quarters & Park’s open at 11am and Jjukku Jjukku opens at 11:30am.

I think @Helper_Monkey got lucky that day, lol.

Review forthcoming…

2 Likes

:grimacing::grimacing:
At least tell me it was proper house music blaring and not cheesy Vegas EDM. I liked my visit there so much…. :cry:

2 Likes

Okay, I’ll be dating myself when I say I don’t know the difference. Based on that, take my following music review with a grain of salt. It started with a set of bubblegum pop that wasn’t my thing but didn’t bother me, then only a couple of 90’s and 00’s R&B/Hip Hop songs, before switching to annoyingly loud club music. The reason I think Mun is louder than Quarters is because it’s a smaller space with less customers, unlike Quarters whose music is mostly drowned out by the hum of customer’s conversations… again, this is only my opinion. We had a couple other issues that I’ll explain in my report, but we had a good time and didn’t have to wait for a big table. I’d go back if my peeps want to go. TBC…

3 Likes

Would cheesy Vegas EDM be like Tiesto, Alesso, etc.?

1 Like

Why are you being so mean to me??

8 Likes

Hah! Hey I like that stuff too. There’s a time and a place for it.

3 Likes

Didn’t mean to be a snob or offend! Whatever makes one move and brings them joy is what matters!!:grin:

I’ll give Tiesto a pass. But by Vegas EDM I meant Alesso, Guetta, Gryffin, Aoki, Marshmello, etc…. The folks who play lots of big drops and the flavor of dance music one hears at places like Quarters

3 Likes

For once I’d wish some Mendelssohn made it into the rotation. But not the dubstep remix, please.

2 Likes

I’m starting to realize there’s a whole other world out there that I know nothing about… it’s not the first time.

3 Likes

If I show up to Quarters BBQ on Thursday at 5:30pm, how long do you think the wait will be for a party of 2?