Korean Food

really? the spot on Irolo? That’s surprising.

The similarly-named Myung Dong Kyoja at 3630 Wilshire Blvd used to be open late, but cut their hours back to 10pm a year or two ago. Maybe that’s the source of confusion?

Ah that’s it.

YuChun’ed today. 2 for 2 KTown lunches

1 Like

Bingsoooooo

2 Likes

Is this the same dish as Sam-gae-tang (Ginseng chicken soup)?

Yes

Genwa flashback to 8 years ago. Homie couldn’t handle our drinking skills and was DONE… the banchan bowl ring around his eye was priceless…

4 Likes

What place is this?

it’s the first word poco… Genwa.

Apologies if that was confusing, I was asking about the Bingsoo place. Thanks!

Glad he didn’t burn himself on the way down…

1 Like

Oh sorry. Sul & Beans

Finally a new spot today. (new to me)

Seong Buk Dong

3 Likes

Chadolpoong at the Sun Nong Dan strip mall.

Steamed Beef Brisket, really beefy taste

Dduk Galbi, basically kalbi beef patties made out of USDA Prime short rib

They’ve also got a really solid version of soybean paste stew with beef brisket. Think this is an LA branch of a Korean chain. Not a bad alternative if you don’t want to wait for Sun Nong Dan or go to Hangari.

5 Likes

Just got back from a week in Seoul and I have to say the quality of Korean food in Ktown is just as good TBH.

That said, I’ve been going to Western Doma Noodles quite a lot recently (https://www.yelp.com/biz/western-doma-noodles-los-angeles), and find it excellent and great QPR. Best banchan i’ve had in LA 100%.

2 Likes

thanks for dropping that… never heard of it.

they appear to want to make every kind of dish so i’m a bit concerned with the lack of specialization but i’m down for next lunch trip.

The dak dori tang looks good based on the pics.

The Dak Dori Tang is great…I’d suggest the guk gae jang and galbi as well.

Everything there has been solid in my books, and it’s run by a nice older Korean woman…it’s an OG spot for sure.

Been 4-5 times in the past couple months.

1 Like

many things are looking good as hell in the pics but my first visit is going to have to be a noodle test… spicy noodle is calling me