La Morra Pizzeria

Apples and oranges. If you prefer straight-up Neapolitan-style pizza, La Morra’s not going to be your favorite. It has some NY-style crispness.

Any reports? I did a search but it pretty much just came up with Mozza content.

I’ve heard good things about it and thought of checking it out.

1 Like

It opened a couple months ago. I went this week and had a pepperoni pinsa add calabrian chiles. My friend had the margherita.

The dough was crispy, sorta crackerlike while still retaining some chew. Didn’t feel “flat” at all either, still felt like I had a hefty pizza. I live a few blocks away and have been going to La Morra but am glad I tried Oste.

I’ll probably split my time between the two as they’re each unique. If only Apollonias were closer.

Plus they have wine and beer at Oste. I can’t imagine how nerve wracking it is serving btg right now but they had a variety. I enjoyed a couple glasses of a nice Arneis.

4 Likes

I’ll have to disagree with the “la morra isn’t good” but I personally can never have too much pizza so I’ll have to go down the street and try cento!

High expectations if it’s truly better than la morra :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Does cento pop-up in the sight glass bakery and coffee shop? The address on insta points to that address.

I miss @ilromanista.

4 Likes

Agreed I still follow il romanistas Instagram because luigi mentioned in September he’s working on a new project hopefully something comes about soon.

1 Like

Cento is popping up out of Tartine Sycamore, which is right next to Sightglass Coffee.

2 Likes

great… i leave and this opens up? anyway… wish them luck… Olio didn’t make it accross the street and it was damn good when the man was making the pies.

1 Like

Not a topic for this thread, but how have the eats been out there? Miss seeing you post.

2 Likes

Hey bud. We just hide out and cool and occasionally get some Mexican. That’s the only thing nearby worthy of note. There’s a decent italian place Carrara’s and basic bitch thai, indian, chinese, etc. Good thing we learned to cook. With things reopening we’ll venture out to the neighboring towns.

4 Likes

Hope to see some more back yard bbq pics

Any good bang opportunities in the area?

oste

1 Like

Not a ton desserts at republique, more pizza at Apollonias or oste , stop by angler for a meal, ta-eem chicken pargiot, sandwich at uncle Paulies, dinner at Connie and Ted’s.

1 Like

Ecco un poco for gelato.

Really nice couple making gelato, sorbet and pastries

1 Like

sad news
https://www.instagram.com/p/CXPAoMah3P7/

4 Likes

That’s very sad! Out most favorite take out pizza!

The Cruel Summer
soppressatta, provolone picante, calabrian chili, fior di latte, hot honey

9 Likes

I miss la morra!

1 Like