LA restaurants open for seated dining

q sushi

Shout out to the to that 85c Irvine. I waited in that line back in the day!

My next visit back home:
Tim Ho Wan BBQ Pork Buns
Sushi ii Bousushi and Battera
Sidecar Donuts
Kean Coffee
sunset picnic at the beach!

Saw their new astroturf outdoor seating area while getting takeout this weekend. It’s nicely setup with plenty of distancing.

OC looks like coronavirus never happened. Went to Mastros last night and it was completely 100% packed.

Yeah it is quite a free for all down there right now

1 Like

“Officials visited roughly 2,000 restaurants over the weekend and found that half of them were not in compliance with the county’s guidelines.”

2 Likes

Shit like this is why over the years I began to cook from home more and more
 I just can’t abide by this stuff.

10 Likes

Wowwwww thanks for the heads up that is indeed scary.

1 Like

:cry:

2 Likes

Same with South Coast Plaza; I felt endangered in there.

2 Likes

4 Likes

A couple more in DTLA:

Doña Inez. Homey Mexican. The food is really good. Not much social distancing going on. I wouldn’t dine in here if I were in a coronavirus high-risk group. Takeout may be a better option regardless.

Terroni. Popped up on OpenTable. Underrated! The smoked salmon pizza is way better at Terroni than at Spago.

broken spanish

1 Like

Si en roto!

I confirmed Broken Spanish over the phone. Although reservations aren’t showing up on OpenTable, Broken Spanish is indeed open for in-person dining. (BTW: I’d like to commend them for doing a good job with takeout during the closure.)

Anyone know any coffee shops that have opened back up? Verve DTLA has 3 outside tables, but the coffee is still served in to-go cups so it’s not the same.

Broken Spanish was airy and pleasant tonight. We saw about ten tables total. The food menu is smaller; they said they will build it back up slowly. But they still have the full mezcal menu!

Rose has reopened. Tables well-spaced on the patio (no more counter or communal table), servers with masks and gloves, silver brought out in a linen napkin when you are at the table, bottle of water set down, and disposable menu (though, considering how often the menu changed there even before, that hardly seems a new concept). Food is still great.

1 Like

Belle Vie last night was about 80% full, and excellent as always.

1 Like

birdie g’s
cassia

Two more Jonathan Gold 101 restaurants: Alimento and Marouch. I like them both. The muhammara at Marouch is one of my favorite LA dishes.

1 Like