LA restaurants open for seated dining

That pita!

3 Likes

Sawtelle is slowly opening up for dine-in:
Marugame Udon
Tofuya
Manpuku;
We enjoyed our lunch at Marugame; It’s now all order at the counter but nearly everything is available. I had the beef with egg, delicious. The tempura is made to order and they were very crisp. I don’t know if they will follow this practice in the future, but it sure is a good idea.

1 Like

Huckleberry will be re-opening for dine-in next Fri (06/19).

2 Likes

Korean restaurants with vents over the in-table grills are probably the safest of indoor spaces.

Taps in Brea is back open.

1 Like

My in laws want to go to Korean bbq tomorrow. We are going to scope out the place and see if we are comfortable. I was wondering if the air vents above the bbq grill would be beneficial.

@js76wisco

I’m being nosy where are you thinking about going?

Vents above an operating grill in the table should be excellent because that pretty much guarantees lots of fresh air. They can’t recirculate the smoke. So virus particles won’t be accumulating a la the Guangdong restaurant.

1 Like

I’ll let you know but we are deciding between Morangak and Ong Ga Nae.

1 Like

Morangak Best cold noodles and best Korean bbq in OC!! Only been a few times because of the wait though.

1 Like

The wait is tough. We usually try to go very early for dinner. The complimentary beef broth is top notch. Everything at Morangak is excellent.

Ong Ga Nae also has very good naegymyun, kalbi and seng bulgogi jung gol. It’s basically a shabu shabu type dish with spinach, mushrooms, other veggies and brisket in a sauce. Very good if you ever go.

1 Like

Ate at Yazu. 2 chefs. 2 groups of two guests for four total guests at the counter. So nice to have omakase again.

10 Likes

How was the rice?

rustic canyon
https://www.instagram.com/p/CBWblWLjhtC/

2 Likes

So glad to be back! But still not many places open.

Dama: Pleasant atmosphere, good cocktails, mediocre food. We went early but it started to get fairly lively around 6:30. Saw Rossoblu preparing to open up.

Rosaline: Same as Dama with pretty good food. I remember when this was lively and now it’s so chill!

Zelo’s: Same delicious cornmeal crust pizza as always. You can eat outside on the patio.

Grand Central Market: A shell of itself. Ramen from Ramen Hood didn’t taste as good eating from a plastic bowl (no counter seating).

Dha Rae Oak (Korean BBQ duck): Going tonight!

I’m most excited about: Osteria Mozza! Can’t get reservations until 9 tonight or we’d be there.

We made anniversary reservations at Providence. But doesn’t look like they are open today.

God the sushi pics look so good. Sushi Zo’s website says it’s open, but I haven’t been able to reach them or make reservations.

2 Likes

Save room for the duck fat fried rice

1 Like

Agreed – the duck fat fried rice (which uses purple rice) is a treat and I tell myself it’s healthy to boot. I prefer the smoked duck at Dha Rae Oak to the unsmoked breast slices, but they refuse to serve the duck fat fried rice with that (or they don’t understand what I’m saying); instead they serve a spicy noodle soup. So we usually get the duck slices instead.

Tip: Bring your own wine to Dha Rae Oak. They do have some alcoholic beverages, but nothing I would drink.

1 Like

Went to Ong Ga Nae tonight. They are taking temperatures before you’re allowed to enter. My mother in law said her friend was denied entry earlier this week because she was over 100 degrees. My mother in law also says all of the Korean restaurants in OC are taking temperatures (well at least the 3-4 her and her friends have been to thus far). FYI Ong Ga Nae is actually in LA county but just over the hill.

The seng galbi is one of their specialities and was delicious as always. Great marbling on the brisket. Don’t forget to ask for the glass noodles at the end.

There were 4 tables seated in the entire restaurant. They could not have seated us any further away from each other. It’s almost like we had the whole place to ourselves. That’s both bad n good. Usually Sunday late afternoon early evening is packed with golfers. Tipped extra in cash.

6 Likes

OC and Irvine opening up much more than LA.
Had a nice safe lunch at Tim Ho Wan. Enjoyed the BBQ Pork Buns, Sticky Rice and Har Gao. In my limited experiece with Dim Sum, my first time trying and loving those BBQ Pork Buns. I did not enjoy the brisket or the pan fried noodles so much. The brisket lacked tenderness and the noodles were rather dry.
Other places open for dining in that center included:
Kona Loa for Hawaiian foods and coffee. They offered Ko’a coffee, a delicious relative to Kona.Coffee. I might try this place at a later time.
85 C
BCD Tofu

1 Like