LA restaurants open for seated dining

My wife and I took a trip to the SGV from Santa Monica and were looking for a place that had dine in. She found Jiang Nan Spring on Yelp, of which I had not heard, and they seemed to have a suitable menu for food we hadn’t had in a while.

Upon entering, the place was empty, A party of five, with an elderly lady in a wheelchair, had just left. The staff all had masks, were very polite and all kept their distances. 3 more parties came in, all being seated reasonably separate from each other. One of the parties originally had ordered takeout, then came back in to be seated.

Food was excellent; We greatly enjoyed my wife’s preferences, kung pao chicken and honey walnut shrimp, things we haven’t had in a while. I also enjoyed the sweet sour fish. We didn’t order dumplings because we had done takeout from JA Jiaozi in Irvine the previous weekend.

Upon leaving I noticed a review from the LA Times about this place, so I checked on FTC to see if anyone had been here, and Chowseeker’s excellent review popped up.

I plan to go back soon to try their Shanghai menu.

10 Likes

I would be, too.

I get that people and places want to function as if everything is back normal, but… Glad your friends went some place where they might be safer.

3 Likes

Guess not everybody is happy

2 Likes

rossoblu

Rossoblu AND Bulgarini both have the advantage of an open area outside to fit in diners.

… and both are open for dine-in.

Leo created some superb handmade pasta this past weekend #itisOKtoeatpastaoutsideItaly.

And yes, I cannot go home without a kilo of Bulgarini gelato in a cooler bag. #strawberryalmondpistachiogelato

7 Likes

@J_L did you do the full gamut menu for dinner? If I dine out anywhere, it would have to be an outdoor patio adventure like that…and hopefully, not on a hot day.

2 Likes

One of my favorites - Yakitoriya is open for dine in.
Social UN-distancing was pretty much impossible there (pre-COVID), due to the limited number of customers…so I am not worried about going in tonight :slight_smile:

3 Likes

i’m glad they’re able to reopen. i was worried they would not survive this.

Was there on Tuesday! it was MARVELOUS, only one other couple there.
It was so good to see Mika-san and Toshi-san. I was on cloud 9 after dinner, I bought his book on Amazon immediately afterwards. It’s hands down my favorite restaurant in LA.

1 Like

Great to hear - it’s up there for me too.
That book is so funny.

connie & ted’s

potentially a stupid question
Are restaurants that are opening up letting you use the restroom while dining? When I picked up from restaurants they weren’t letting anybody use the restroom but I imagine this would not be the case with seated dining, even if its patio/outdoor only. I have 2 little ones with active bladders so I just want to make sure.

Depends?

Depends on the restaurant, or one should buy Depends…? :wink:

10 Likes

Really boggles my mind. For all the talk about a “second wave,” there’s little to suggest to me that LA has ever seen a downturn in the first wave. I guess the governor and the mayor have given up, but you ain’t seeing me dining in anywhere for a long time yet.

10 Likes

dan tanas opened al fresco patio

1 Like

https://www.instagram.com/p/CBWEwlUpBb2/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

in the back I assume - cant see the front working for that

Giogio baldi - yes
Yakitoriya - yes

I think the general “rules” are to wear a mask when going to and from the restroom but not at your table.

1 Like

Just went to Playground for lunch and sat on the patio. Restrooms are open but you need to wear a mask inside.

Chicken schwarma rotisserie with all the fixins was bomb. Great hummus with garlic crack sauce, fresh hot pita, pickles and salad. Excellent stuff.

12 Likes