LA restaurants open for seated dining

Ronan
https://www.instagram.com/p/CB3dF9cDyTV/

melisse x citrin
https://www.instagram.com/p/CB3i0eWjf2w/

4 Likes

Dined out for the first time since COVID at All’Acqua and it felt damn good. All the workers were wearing masks as well as face masks. Tables were spread out. Felt totally safe.

Felt so good to dine out, eat delicious food, and not have to clean up afterwards.

1 Like

Cassia - lots of space indoors and on the patio. All staff in masks, gloves, face-shields. Hand Sanitizing on entry. E-menus (with an option for laminated / sanitized analog menu if desired).
Felt very safe and well thought-out.
The food was fantastic.

4 Likes

with everyone starting to eat out again and places opening. are you guys meeting up with friends at restaurants or is it a eating with people in the household thing?

I’m willing to meet with friends and have met with friends that I know have been social distancing along the same guidelines as me. Obviously this is not 100% fool proof but it gives me some idea of the risk I’m taking and allows me to have some semblance of normalcy. When we’ve met outdoors we still try to maintain some form of distance, no hugging/touching, or physical contact sitting as far as physically possible from each other at a table etc.

I have some close friends that I know either social distance very little or do not social distance at all and I have decided not to meet with those friends in person for the time being.

If you have friends you want to meet with I encourage you to ask them what they’ve been up to.

5 Likes

Think when I picked up to-go last week I saw them doing their training for reopening. Face shields definitely feels like best practice to me.

Have dined with another couple - and their dog - that we know have been very careful (without contact though we did share serving utensils, and poured from the same wine/water bottles).
Have also had friends decline to eat with me, perhaps because I work in a hospital, or they are just really maintaining maximum precautions. Everyone has to decide how much risk they can live with.

7 Likes

Everyone’s different. We have friends that are afraid to leave the house and friends that don’t want to wear masks around us and are cool going anywhere. We went to Sequoia and King’s Canyon last week and thought most people were acting the same as pre-corona (which I do not condone and actually pisses me off).

@PorkyBelly what’s the verdict on the board on citrin? Looking for a high end dinner for next weekend and have providence booked… but concerned about the indoor of it all re covid

haven’t been to citrin yet, only melisse. If I had to choose, with all covid concerns being equal, I would pick providence.

1 Like

Right but 3 hour meal indoors at providence with people eating without masks vs sitting outside for citrine melise

1 Like

Honestly, if that’s concerning to you, don’t go. Last thing you want is to spend all that money and not be able to enjoy the food because you’re stressed about corona.

3 Likes

First meal back at a restaurant was outdoors at Dan Tana’s last night. They’re hitting it out of the park with coronavirus preparations. Very well distanced outside and lots of precautions from the staff. Felt quite safe.

Food and martinis were great, save for a piece of veal that had a rubbery texture, which I’ve never experienced there before. What does it mean when a veal cutlet is rubbery (yet not dry)? Undercooked, overcooked, or bad piece of meat?

Possibly previously frozen?!?

Pizzeria Mozza is opening up tonight

2 Likes

Mozza’s Instagram shows a new patio being constructed — looks like it was their parking area? — which is a welcome change.

2 Likes

They had a parking area? Isn’t it just an alley behind the restaurant where the valet was?

I thought so too but it looks like they have a patio behind Chi Spacca and adjacent to Mozza. That’s just a guess based on the picture below.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CB919Kln6vh/

2 Likes