LA supermarket ownership

I hope so. Their chalkboard sign thanked the patrons of the last 8 years.

They had been planning to expand before the announcement of their closure. I’ve been a fan of theirs from the very beginning, but they pulled hard on the prepared food side and I found myself going more and more to cookbook instead. I was sad to hear the news of their closure. It sounded like a relatively quick decision given the state of the Arts District right now. It’s not only the slower traffic due to the residents… but also there were lots of big businesses that used their for catering and their staff were regular shoppers that sadly may not return to even the same levels as many of us, including myself have been made WFH perm.

1 Like

I often think back to an organic coffee farm I visited in Guatemala. They were going out of business because the bugs destroyed the coffee! The road to hell is paved with woke intentions.

Personally, I’ll just shop where the quality and selection are good. I think Ranch 99 is the best overall supermarket.

99 Ranch has a great selection but for the best quality you’d often need to go elsewhere.

Growing coffee organically isn’t simple.