Lamaii Thai

Didn’t see anything for this place on a quick search. http://www.lamaiilv.com/

Was in Vegas for a couple of days and popped in here. Guess this is the latest venture by Bank Atcharawan, the LOS ex-sommelier.

They’re open for lunch. it’s a beautiful space but it was completely empty when I was there for lunch. The food was solid, almost as good as LOS. Currently they have happy hour menu available during the day time. Easy to get to, plenty of parking in a busy and nicer looking strip mall than the original LOS.

Started out with some oysters

Pork jowl which I liked a lot, should have moved some of the toppings off before taking pic to show the meat

Fried prawns in panang curry. One of my favoriete dishes at LOS. Here it was very good, but falling just short of matching. They also have a roasted duck version of this here

Deep fried marinated pork belly. Their take of the Thai dish with the green chile dipping sauce served with pork rinds. This was well executed, crisp, not greasy and meat juicy. Sauce had a good depth of flavor with a nice bite of heat but not overwhelming by any means. I do have a slightly higher than average tolerance to spicyness, but not a true chilihead by any means… Next time, I’d ask them to amp up the heat just a bit to match what I’ve had at LOS. This is definitely a good drinking dish.

3 Likes

thanks for the report! it was quite good with “modern” thai food but it didnt hit the spot like LOS always does when my party of 6 went.

it’s a fine option if you can’t secure a reservation at los