Langer's pastrami

Goldbelly has this for $150 shipped ($130 after coupon). I’d wager that after tip that’s not much more than the dine-in cost of 4 sandwiches.

• Each #19 pack for 4 serves 4 people and includes all you need to make four #19 sandwiches, or eight half sandwiches.
  • 2 pounds Langer’s world-famous pastrami
  • 1 pint coleslaw
  • 1/2 pint Russian dressing
  • 8 slices Swiss cheese
  • 8 slices rye bread
  • 4 pickles
  • 1 bottle mustard (8 oz.)
4 Likes

Gotta unwrap it quickly to let the steam out then park at MacArthur Park and get down to it.

I just heard last night from a friend in the restaurant business Goldbelly extracts a huge amount from the vendor/restaurant to be included in their offerings. Obv many are willing to accept the loss and try to make it up with volume or exposure but it made me a little less likely to use it. Like Postmates/Grubhub etc.

3 Likes

The pastrami sandwich with pickle is $18 so Goldbelly is twice the price. If you want to degrade perfection you can buy the other crap anywhere.

The bread is never as good as fresh out of the warming drawer.

1 Like
  • GB is $149 shipped 37.25ea, or 32.25ea with coupon
  • Langers is a minimum of 95.90/4 or 23.98ea.

Worth it? YMMV.

1 Like

These Goldbelly coupons don’t pay for themselves.

Given what Goldbelly charges, Langer’s may charge them full retail price.

The hot pastrami sandwich served at Langer’s Delicatessen in downtown Los Angeles is the finest hot pastrami sandwich in the world. This is not just my opinion, although most people who know about Langer’s will simply say it’s the finest hot pastrami sandwich in Los Angeles because they don’t dare to claim that something like a hot pastrami sandwich could possibly be the best version of itself in a city where until recently you couldn’t get anything resembling a New York bagel, and the only reason you can get one now is that New York bagels have deteriorated.

4 Likes

Just had a Langer’s pastrami on rye last week… Always dependable.

4 Likes

“It costs eight-fifty.”
The article was written in 2002.

1 Like

Does this track with inflation?
Can we get the Langer’s Pastrami on Rye added to the Consumer Price Index?

5 Likes

It has gone up more than inflation, as have beef in general and brisket in particular.

2 Likes

Open for dine-in again, proof of vaccination required.

1 Like

Funny how this article shows up every few years.

Aside from the price from this ancient article, my takeaway is the fact that they were delivering curbside back when this article was written.

Who knew?

1 Like

Umm, that would be me. For quite some time for office lunches, I’d send staff from my office to do Langer’s curbside pickup. If you tell them on the phone how much cash you’ll give them ahead of time, the exact change will be given to the courier at pickup at the same time as the food handoff. #OldSchool

7 Likes

I thought this whole curbside at Langer’s was new for the pandemic. Done it several times.

Pretty cool!

1 Like

Langer’s has done curbside pickup for many years (unless I’m hallucinating). I remember knowing about it 20+ years ago. It’s because there’s not much parking in that area and their parking lot is smallish and a bit away.

5 Likes

Now, “who knew?” THAT!!!
Only you.
Hahaha!

3 Likes

Myself, and a huge number of other people who’ve maintained an office in the Downtown area for years lol… #LangersSupportsOfficeMorale

6 Likes

Thank you, Nora. :hearts: RIP.

2 Likes