Late nite dining on Westside - Pacific Dining Car - where do you go?

Every once in a while, after an event or for some other reason, I want to dine out past 9pm near my house. Everything on the westside closes so darn early! One place we go for late nite dining is the Pacific Dining Car on Wilshire that is open 24 hours a day. Can’t beat that! Especially if you want a glass of wine with your dinner!
I almost always get the cowboy steak, which is a bone-in ribeye and I think their best cut. I like mine rare.

I generally get their fries and last time got their creamed spinach. Both very good!
Last time, I also tried, for the first time, their lobster mac n cheese. It was way too much food so we had almost all of it as leftovers. I have to say it made awesome leftover lunches, topped with tapatio!

The service is always good, though a little frustrating in their complete unwillingness to recommend anything. Clearly that is on orders from management.
Where to you go for late night dining?

4 Likes

Raku
Plan check
Tsujita
Tar & roses
Milo and olive

3 Likes

Morinoya

2 Likes

Late nite dining on Westside - where do you go?

In N Out

4 Likes

Oh, cool! Will try here, also!!

Bar Toscana. It isn’t open after midnight but a great after-theatre place to have a fine cocktail and really good food. We love it.

1 Like

Sun Nong Dan
Hodori
Albert’s and Alberto’s and Alertos and Alejandro’s
Fred 62
The Del and Jack if I am desperate
Fatburger (the DT Fig location used to be open until like 4 or 5)
Dupars, butter dip pancakes

Edit: I dun goofed, please disregard the Ktown and Fred 62 spots

6 Likes

Not-quite-so-Westside anymore (as thread requests), but hey, I do love me their spicy galbi jjim… And while we’re in that Ktown mini-mall, Mountain Cafe’s mandu are great 24 hours a day.

3 Likes

800 Degrees till 2am
Taco Leo till 3am
Tsujita LA Artisan Noodle 2am
Wurstküche Restaurant Venice Midnight
Nighthawk: Breakfast Bar MDR Midnight
Pono Burger Venice Midnight Friday & Saturday
Gjelina Midnight
Swingers Santa Monica 2am and 3am Friday & Saturday
Apple Pan 1am

1 Like

Ruben’s Tacos (SM Blvd. near Bundy).

1 Like

Misfit. A third of the price of Pacific Dining Car.

1 Like

Gjelina and the Tasting Kitchen are both open until midnight, every night of the week. The Westside is actually better than most parts of LA for late night sit down dining just because of those two spots.

The Alibi Room also serves until midnight every night, not exactly a restaurant, but by far the easiest way to access Kogi stuff.

And if “late” is just 9 pm or later…whew boy, there is a shit ton of stuff.

Charcoal
Erven
Michael’s
Tar and Roses
Milo and Olive
Rustic Canyon
Hatchet Hall
Scopa
Sunny Spot
Superba
Cassia
Farmshop
The Rose Cafe
Nighthawk
Wurstkuche

And of course all the places on Sawtelle like Tsujita, Kimukatsu, Kiriko, Plan Check, etc…

1 Like

I forget about Misfits! Thanks! I still miss the croissants that you could get there when it was the french place!

1 Like

Great list!! For me, late is past 10:30. At least. My late night take out is Monte Alban, but sometimes you want to sit down and get served.

Someone in New Orleans raved about the chorizo burrito at Fred62! Got to try!

Great list!! Much to make me think beyond the usual late night choices!!

This has been a long standing late night spot for me. They have an awesome french onion soup too!

1 Like

I will have to try next time!

I miss Kate Mantellini’s.

3 Likes

Even the one in Woodland Hills closed, no? I miss their Hamburger Hamlets!