Little Saigon Adventures

Is this a driveworthy drink? Looks so damn refreshing! I am considering making a trip to Garden Grove just to try this.

3 Likes

Pennywort! I like the Aruna here and there. Sometimes straight up Pennywort I feel like I am drinking lawn clippings but it’s nice with the sugarcane/coconut water mix.

1 Like

It hard to tell someone to drive from LA just to have a concoction of sugarcane juice, coconut water, and coconut meat. I’ve had the imitators in the El Monte area and it wasn’t as good.

I imagine you would come on a weekend to minimize sitting in traffic? Than hell yes come on down and try it. Maybe add some other Vietnamese stuff to make it worth your time. There is also some really good kimchi stores and Little Arabia nearby. Big names like Taco Maria,and Oliboli Donuts.

The Original Cococane is one of my favorite drinks. I think by now most of LA FTC also enjoys it as well. It’s a completely brand new drink invented by a Mom and Son with a humble Little Saigon fruit stand. In just a few years this is already a classic drink. I say you gotta try it out at least once. It’s one of the most refreshing things to drink imo.

5 Likes

SOLD! I’m def going.

2 Likes

No it isn’t; see the old ChowHound Manifesto :rofl:

3 Likes

I really like herbal flavors.

Cococane is probably better but they missed a real opportunity at some excellent branding.

4 Likes

Pho 79 is across the street and Ba Le is like 2 minutes away among many MANY great options. So worth it.

6 Likes

Have been to Pho 79 before. Loved it! Looking to stop by Ba Le after Cococane. #notabangbang

5 Likes

Courtesy of @EattheWorldLA

One of the best LA area food bloggers imo. Highlighting the spots food geeks like us enjoy.

13 Likes

Late to the game and a little lost here. Read thru this entire topic… Mia was first touted as the best but then somewhere Cococane became the reining champion. Not sure whether I somehow missed a step in between but why/when? I like to see and understand the evolution so apologies in advance for my curiosity. Also I don’t get a chance to go down to LS as often these years so would like to maximize~

1 Like

Are you referring to straight up sugarcane juice or sugarcane-coconut mix aka Cococane.

I actually prefer Mia for straight up sugarcane but Cococane for Cococane.

Let me know what you like and myself others @attran99 @hppzz can maybe craft a Little Saigon list for you.

1 Like
2 Likes

Wow. Content so good I’m tempted to subscribe.

3 Likes

I’m guessing Nep Cafe and Phin Smith

@ns1 with the shout out in the article! Phin Smith is amazing, thanks for the rec. I had Da Vien recently and it doesn’t compare to Phin Smith.

5 Likes

“God-tier cafe sua da,” commented Ns1 on the restaurant discussion board Food Talk Central in 2019. “Not too sweet, real nice nutty after taste. Just fantastic.”

7 Likes

I’m available for freelancing @latimes

10 Likes

Congrats! Is this the 1st time a poster has been quoted on a major media outlet other than Eater?

1 Like

Andy Gavin has suddenly subscribed to your posts.

9 Likes