Little Saigon Adventures

18 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

8 Likes

We famous

2 Likes

Better late than never.

Our conversation so fucking elevated down in here.

1 Like

I hope you bought a copy and framed that shit

3 Likes

For him to read through this thread and home in on the coffee is pretty amazing. This thread is great but unless you’re actively searching for something specific, it is pretty daunting. If there’s something new and great i prefer to give them new thread.

2 Likes

or he just did a search looking for a quote

https://www.foodtalkcentral.com/search?context=topic&context_id=6515&q=Phin%20Smith&skip_context=true

Things that make you go Hmmm…

I turned it into an NFT

14 Likes

Sold for 1 million ShitCoin.

3 Likes

NFT = Ns1’s Food Talk

5 Likes

Had to run an errand in fountain valley today did a little crawl, since I’m not down there often

Steel pan, crust was good I’m not a fan of too many toppings I feel like it crowds out the pizza flavor being dough, tomato and cheese. Not bad but not the best. Will update when I reheat a couple of slices.

Ba le bolsa not as good as previous visits. Baguette was not as crispy and fluffy as usual. Could be due to getting it later in the day. Also did not have the strong Mayo flavor that it usually has. Fillings are still delicious tho. Got cold cuts with bi and egg and Vietnamese bacon.

Speaking of @Ns1 , that phin smith cafe sua da is legit! Better than any I can recall having in Vietnam, it had a frothy stiffness to it reminiscent of the egg coffee I had in Hanoi.

Also this for dinner, sure it’s still the best nem nuong out there:

16 Likes

Is that what Detroit style is supposed to be? Looks WAY too overloaded. B/f I read your description, I honestly thought I was looking at the funkiest chirashi bowl ever.

1 Like

Vile pineapple pizza!!! Yeah i said it. :joy:

1 Like

Detroit pizza to my knowledge is not known for overstuffed toppings. I feel like Detroit style is cheesy crust, square slices, red stripe, and sometimes cuppy pepperoni

@A5KOBE i love it lol, just like al pastor!

Update both the banh mi and the pizza tasted better after a run in the trusty toaster oven.

4 Likes

Our go to at Steel Pan is the plain old pepperoni. We definitely like that the slices reheat very well. Looks like you made the most of your trip. I think we might be the only people on the board that don’t love Cococane. Tried it twice and didn’t do it for me. Which is odd because I pretty much love everything coconut.

4 Likes

Have you had Mae Ting’s Coconut Cakes? If you are ever in DTLA area on a Saturday/Sunday morning/afternoon you should give them a try. Fresh piping hot coconut cakes from the griddle.

1 Like

Yeah it was either cococane or phin smith and I opted to go to the latter because I love coffee and specifically viet ice coffee

2 Likes

Not what I was expecting at all. But these look delicious. Is this a stall at the Thai temple on the weekends?

1 Like

It’s a stall right outside the wholesale Thai Costco like market in the north part of chinatown

1 Like