Looking for big island recommendations

we’ll be staying in captain cook but places in kona or even hilo will work. anyone have any recent experience?

https://www.brokedamouthgrindz.com/

1 Like

we got back from hawaii earlier this week. a week on the big island and a week on kauai. we didn’t stress about meals–just ate wherever was convenient to wherever else we were lounging, snorkeling or hiking.

our first meal on the big island was at kona grill house in the captain cook area (not too far from the cabin we’d rented). set the tone for our meals in hawaii: big comfort food vibe, everything tasty, no negatives, and also nothing to get very excited about. i posted a more detailed writeup on my blog today for those interested to look.

Does “everything tasty” apply to your meals on Kauai? If it does I’d love to know where you ate.

nowhere special. all i mean is that all the food was tasty enough without being anything really worth constructing a day around.

1 Like

i’ve posted a few more big island write-ups for anyone interested:

2 Likes

Bumping to see if there is anything new. Staying near the Mauna Kea, no plans to go to Volcano or Hilo (kids got us lazy), got a Merriman’s reservation.