Los Angeles Street Food

Static electricity can be a bitch in them there parts…

1 Like

There’s this taco set up way in the ghetto on Figueroa and 90s streets that has really bomb habanero salsa, their cabeza is top notch too.

Barbacoa de borrego guy at Mercado Olympic, Mundo is the character in the front taking orders and cash. Park on Stanford and walk over. It’s the second truck that serves barbacoa de borrego from the west. The first one is not very good. I would avoid. Mundo’s family makes barbacoa the traditional way in a pit in the ground. From what he’s told me they have a big place in the SFV where they can dig a pit in the ground, build a fire and not bother their neighbors too much.

Smoky, gelatinous consomme booming with char lambey-ness. Generous taco portions, and super dank salsas. Only thing is their tortillas blow, better than Mission but usually of the Vallarta/Superior/North Gate quality.

Weekends only. Some seating available. Small consomme is free!

4 Likes

Unless it’s a rockin’…

EDIT: sigh I just noticed @bulavinaka beat me to the punch. And here I was feeling all smug in my cleverness. Well played, sir. Well played.

If the van is a-rockin’…

You might wanna have your shocks looked at.

I think we are putting generation stamps across our foreheads.

2 Likes

i’ve recently gotten very into the fruit cups stands…5 bucks with a bunch of bomb ass fruit/veggie stuff. love it.

No shame in our game. We’re all good!

1 Like

Sharing my post for my favorite street-food fruit stand.

Dish of the Month (DoTM) – MAY 2017 – FRUIT:

Rose Avenue at Penmar, Venice

2 Likes