Majordomo - Chinatown

No crispy rice dish at all? Huh. And perfect weather for it.

There hasn’t been a crispy rice on the menu for at least a month now.

There was yesterday!

None. I just snapped the picture tonight.

It was on Friday’s menu on the web site.

It was listed on the website, but not on the actual menu at the restaurant, which was a bit of a let down. The waiter did say they were stockpiling some ingredients for New Years Eve but unsure which ingredients he was talking about.

Ah, they haven’t updated the online menu since Thursday.

got y’all some inside baseball on crispy rice since it appears we’re all fans:

• duck is on its way — there were problems with the duck they had so expect crispy rice with duck back on the menu as early as next week
  • truffles being used as surge pricing for crispy rice dishes. This is strict boh, creating the crispy rice dish actually takes up a burner for an unusually long time and therefore slows the kitchen down. by all accounts the dish is strictly a labor of love, the truffles make it more palatable to the bottom line so that it stays competitive on the rest of the menu.
5 Likes

thanks for the info!

2000 words on navigating Majordomo’s menu:

Nice, well thought out article

and it’s back again

3 Likes

$8 price increase from the last post.

1 Like

I’m gonna miss eating that Roasted Duck Crispy Rice.

3 Likes

You and me both! That’s too rich for my blood if I’m footing the entire bill…maybe more palatable if sharing with friends.

4 Likes

In the past two weeks the price of truffles went up from $90 to $120 an ounce. Which isn’t surprising as we get toward the end of the season.

Once they’re gone, maybe they’ll have the basic version again.

1 Like

Epicurus has black winter truffles for $55/oz this week. I have had them several times and they are excellent.

2 Likes

If the truffles are from France then they’re probably going up like everything else imported to the U.S. from France. New Tariffs! One of my favorite mid-range champagnes has gone up almost $10 from last year, making it not so mid-range anymore.

The tariffs are still hypothetical at this point. And you can’t stockpile fresh truffles.

3 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/B7J_MVLg-g0/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Whole pork shoulder with fried chicken as a side dish!

3 Likes