I’ll be back in NYC late-April/early-May and I’m looking for some dining advice and recs. Cross-posting from this thread on HungryOnion with a more focused set of questions for FTC: https://www.hungryonion.org/t/favorite-brunches-or-sit-down-lunches-in-the-city/8542/4
Dinner at Prune: y/n? (w/ pescatarian)
Dinner at Carbone with a vegetarian: y/n?
Cull & Pistol in Chelsea Market for dinner: a) good choice? b) one trick pony menu (lobster rolls/oysters) or well-rounded full kitchen experience?
Russ & Daughters Cafe for brunch?
Upland for brunch?
Lastly, wife’s friend wants to do Little Owl but I’ve heard it’s fairly mediocre/boring. I’ve been many years back and remember it being a charming space but that’s about it. Should I suggest something else in it’s place?
- Slowly Shirley (new to me) for cocktails?
Last but not least, could anyone help with dinner suggestions using the following criteria:
- NOT Italian
- NOT Mediterranean (we’ve got Estela in the books)
- NOT Sushi (Tokyo in fall)
- Under $200 p/p (shouldn’t be difficult)
- ANYWHERE in Lower Manhattan, ideally…
- Soulful space, however you choose to interpret that; not 100+ seater nor some room covered in reclaimed wood w/ plastic seats
- Kick-ass (and creative) chef-driven kitchen
Thanks so much!!