Manzke Review

I had the pleasure of dining at Manzke for my birthday earlier this month. Reservations (about a week or 2 in advance) made on Tock were easy to secure. In my opinion, they deserve their Michelin star! It was pretty great. Their bar is also the only bar that has a Michelin star in California. It would be fun to sit at the bar next time.

The space was quaint and cozy. Intimate. Service was amazing. from the manager to the wait staff and sommelier… definitely delivered! We were there for four hours! Also took advantage of the wine pairing which I felt was a must.

Their staff felt hand picked and diverse. Obviously the chef had been at Thomas Keller’s French Laundry but also others from Chicago and manager was from New York’s Per Se.

I loved mostly everything. Maybe 1 or 2 dishes I didn’t love… but still great nonetheless! By the time we finished, we were FULL.

![image|375x500](upload://jcAkL3cwl3f58A3kKEFdoKrpdyH.jpeg
(upload://inag6h9NdpbGraBqgNqXC09Stvg.jpeg)
(uploada://oQk3njhiVrV9KnXygcuDSrLYO03.jpeg)

9 Likes

service there is truly excellent. Their staff is the best part of the experience there. And the cocktails.

2 Likes

So……. no doubt a great experience, but is the $50 Negroni the only Negroni you can get? I understand the vintage angle, but sheeesh! Is this one of those ‘if you can afford $295 for dinner you shouldn’t ask’ places?

2 Likes