March 2020 Rundown

Love this place. The oxtail is really good and my favorite patty is the curry chicken. And you can bang bang with Mariscos Jalisco.

3 Likes

Hungry Bulldog In Diamond Bar. Soft opening. Nice little mom n pop joint. We know the owner. Our kids do tae kwon do together. Very small concise menu.
Tonkatsu
Curry rice
Ddukbookghee
Hot dogs (Not ready yet but will have all the exciting crazy toppings like hot cheetos)

Good sized portions. Our favorites were the thin crunchy tonkatsu and the curry. The sauce was homemade with a lot of sesame and pineapple. Different spin but enjoyable. Curry had very small pieces of veggies. Good flavor but you could distinctly tell this was more Korean than Japanese. The ddukbookghee was good but a little on the set aside for me personally. We grew up reading this very spicy. The add on of ramen came on the side. Dumplings were not home made but very crispy and enjoyable.

9 Likes

Ruby BBQ Food, El Monte

Roast Pork Belly
Crunchy exterior, REALLY crunchy. Meat was so tender, juicy. Total winner!

Pork Chop with Spicy Salt

Sauteed Bok Choy with Garlic

Edit: BTW, we were given the scowl of death when we walked in there. I was totally uncomfortable. My wife pointed out the “preserved vegetables” and jokingly asked “I wonder what they’re preserved with” and I said “the woman’s glare.” Yeah, brought us forks, just us. Is this normal?

13 Likes

This is random do you have a favorite Belizean joint around Western x Adams

Gulfstream - Newport Beach

Caesar salad w/ fried oysters

And biscuits to make biscuit fried oyster sandwiches :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

Pro-Tip: use the upper and lower third of the biscuit for the sandwich and eat the middle third with butter.

Sushi Tsujita x Stan’s Donuts Bang Bang

Wadatsumi

Keisendon

Onigiri

14 Likes

Tracey’s is great on Western just south of Exposition.

1 Like

Yeah I wouldn’t take it personal. The typical customer their is still Chinese. (I assume you are not). I am glad you got to try Ruby BBQ’s Roast Pork!!!

2 Likes

Why do you say that, because I’m Gr8pimpin :grin: ?

I don’t take offense that much to the whole chopstick fork thing, i’m sure after a few minutes of watching me use them they knew I was no rookie.

But man that scowl, death stare, when I walked in… it was like walking into a freezer… in the Arctic.

Place was awesome!! Definitely going back there next time I feel like driving 50 miles. :wink:

3 Likes

Fried oyster biscuit sandwich? And your biscuit-eating technique is brilliant. #genius

2 Likes

Chicken, bacon, trotter pie at the St John’s dinner at The Hoxton hotel in DTLA

14 Likes

That pie was quite delish.

2 Likes

I used to love Mandarin Deli when there was one in Little Tokyo. The pancake noodle soup was my favorite when I was feeling under the weather. I’m not at all familiar with Northridge but may have to make a trek there someday.

1 Like

St. John pop up last night.
Quite fun.

8 Likes

the LA Times food media were out in force last night.

I was wondering what he was in town for when I saw on the 'gram that he dropped in on Now Serving

Here’s the jist of it.

1 Like

There’s an L.A. Times event at Vromans too.

1 Like

Tried to go to Taco Maria at 11:55am on Tuesday for lunch. Not one open seat. Not even at the bar. Can’t wait so getting something else. Guess Corona hasn’t impacted their business.

The sandwiches at that cheese store next door is pretty good

1 Like

BYOB at Shunji. My current favorite brand. #sharingiscaring #levityinthetimeofnoncholera

10 Likes