March 2023 Rundown

Do you recall if the square slices were more fluffy back in the day?

I feel like the one I got today felt pretty flat and the ones when they first started selling at the Fairfax location had more rise in the square crusts.

To this day I still get it both ways. When Burbank first opened I remember it being softer/fluffier to a fault, reminiscent of oldschool pizza hut dough.

2 Likes

You a bad influence @hungryhungryhippos

13 Likes

Or the best influence!!!

10 Likes

How funny, I got Prime yesterday. I imagine these posts had something to do w/ it!

Our squares were decently fluffy. Each slice seemed more consistent in size (and thus each slice was significantly bigger than smallest slices from previous pies), although the overall size of the pie seemed unchanged.

7 Likes

I seriously misjudged the square pies because of this. Always limp and soggy, spongy like focaccia.

Then, I got a whole square pie, it was night and day. MUCH better. Lesson learned. I order individual slices like you do.

Btw, I hate you and @Ns1 !! (Jealous)

8 Likes

I know. I’m shocked. Guess I’ll get over it because I love the belly and C&T is the place to get them!

True dat.

4 Likes

Along with Bianco to go. We went triple bang!

Stopped into Kato for a couple of drinks. Milk punch which is like a 3 day process, a lychee martini shaved ice style, and a jack rose.

Plus uni donut, maitake and mochi for dessert.

Then did a final stop at tortas df. Best torta in town. Got the sabrosa which is milanesa, quesillo and pina. Goes so well with their sweet and savory chipotle salsa.

Paging @WireMonkey they are still open and slinging mean tortas!

12 Likes

Oh wow!!! I remember a Tortas DF near on Pico near Western maybe. Or is this another place?

Not sure if it’s the same place but I know that this super tortas df has been in that location for at least 7-8 years.

Super Tortas D.F.
(323) 351-8379
https://goo.gl/maps/QyN15uS59ZeJ2PMJ9

Nope. The other was a little trailer on the other side of town. This is great to know though, CiclaVia goes through the area sometimes. Thanks!!!

1 Like

Hell yeah

1 Like

Just had the fougasse from Jyaan Isaac for the first time in a while and man is it good. Saltiness of the olives, slight crunch to the bread, chewy interior. Fantastic.

1 Like