March 2023 Rundown

I dunno, I went last night and had clear view of the entire shaved iced work station and they were loading them up with syrup. Using nearly half of the liquid of each squeezy bottle. I did not order as shaved ice is not my jam, but it was impressive.

it doesn’t soak past the middle. They also don’t layer any ingredients inside.

You can see in @PorkyBelly photo and other photos on yelp that the syrup doesn’t make its way to the bottom of the ice and if it does it’s pretty minimal.

I remember eating it and thinking… hm… i could use more of the actual ingredients once I got past the 30% of the ice.

he was talking about the mango with pandan sticky rice

2 Likes

Ah I see. Thanks!

They called it the Rampart lol it used to be a special and I think they made it weekend special. But I’ve been during the middle of the week and they still had it on the menu. Delicious!

1 Like

Been WAAAAAY too long since I last had pizza.

Pizza Wagon to the rescue.

Pepperoni and jalapeño.

9 Likes

Why u skipping out on pizza? It’s an essential building block of every diet

5 Likes

is holbox the same full menu for food truck or reduced?

Highly reduced basically tacos and ceviche

This is a bar/cantina…

7 Likes

How’s the Saurian brandy selection?

Pch and 110 parking lot is amazing. It’s a full blown night market. All types of tacos, antojitos, churros, elotes, tamales, vendors selling Mexican cheese. It’s pretty cool and vibrant.

Had tacos compita and a newish stand that sells quesadillas df style and other antojitos. I opted for the pambazo. Never had one and always wanted to try and I was not disappointed. Haven’t had a champurrado in forever and that was great too especially in a windy cold night. The compita asada tacos are :fire: . They keep on inching closer to tire shop in my book.

10 Likes

The place (Scum and Villainy) was apparently initially designed more a Star Wars thing and then added the Star Trek more recently (I think). So the drink menu includes “Wakanda Forever.” No Saurian brandy on the menu, as far as I could tell…

2 Likes

Definitely a kanar bottle on that shelf, too

2 Likes

Shoyu ramen at HiriNori in Irvine. Always packed but the line moves pretty fast. A terrible parking lot with not enough spots. Very good noodles and broth. Perfect egg. The pork was oddly soft. There was not bite or chew.

6 Likes

Because we were 1/2 a mile away and hitting 8:30PM after Flora y Solera…

Bianco Pizzeria!

The hubs was still hungry…and pizza makes him most happy.

Little Gems - we were lacking veg from our first dinner…this salad was like an oasis in a desert.

Not on the menu Cavatelli with rabbit, turkey, and chicken - the unctuous and luxurious ragu coats your palate like a warm blanket. The pasta is a perfect al dente. Magical. It is a touch rich and you might find some bones in the sauce…they do warn you.

Vanilla panna cotta with Harry’s Berries - a great dessert and they sea salt the strawberries sauce. It’s definitely not peak season for Harry’s Berries, yet…but I can’t say no to Harry’s Berries anything.

Not pictured…carrots and the wise guy.

An exceptional end to an evening.

14 Likes

Ah, that reminds me of one of my fav dinners ever (in Italy). :slight_smile: Rabbit ragu and fettucine, and, yes, I found a bone in my sauce (and, no, they DIDN’T warn you!).

3 Likes

Prime pizza all day everyday

13 Likes

Wasn’t lying about everyday lol. Never had the vodka and it was pretty good. I think in the future I’ll stick with regular cheese though. Also to note they don’t properly toast their square single slices so you may want to ask them to do it well done. This has happened in the past but I took a bite and totally forgot until it was too late.

12 Likes

They sometimes end up too burnt too so it’s kind of a gamble with the squares. Still better than anything else nearby. Prime Pizza gang rise up.

12 Likes