Marden’s Chicken Rice by Simon Tan

Thanks!

1 Like

Welcome @rohto!

1 Like

ok i’ve gotten my orders in. you guys can spread the words now.

3 Likes

SOLD OUT AGAIN.

I so suck at this IG crap.

1 Like

There’s always next month!

1 Like

Oh, how did I miss that this is a monthly thing???

Thanks. :slight_smile:

1 Like

you can try again in a couple weeks.

1 Like

yeah this is still easier than getting seats at Hayato. at the moment.

1 Like

next drop coming soon…

3 Likes

11/6 @paranoidgarliclover

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVgOxtQPiMS/

2 Likes

DONE!!!

Many thanks. :smiley:

4 Likes

still impressed how so good everything is from simon the fancier of fowl :heart: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :heart:
the sauces are once again standout, shout-out to the mvp, the chili sauce.

this week the rice was especially fragrant and chicken-y. and loved how the cucumbers soak up all that sesame oil infused chicken jus.

the new dessert, coconut kueh bengka, was also very good and reminded me of hawaiian butter mochi.

14 Likes

I’ve taken pics of a good amt of food over the past mo and was planning to do a pic dump, but I’ve been too lazy.

My first order was yesterday. :slight_smile: It was very good. I have to be honest, though, spring-y chicken kind of weirds me out (in the same way that the super smooth tamales at Chichen Itza weird me out). Not from a safety perspective, but just from a not-expecting-the-chicken-to-bite-back perspective. :wink: Having said that, I can’t imagine a better version of spring-y chicken (seriously). And I would def order it again.

Rice, melted chicken liquid, and all the sauces are all truly amazing. My fav sauces were a tie btw the chili and the ginger/garlic. I could really drink that chicken broth daily. ::sigh::

Was there rice in the coconut cake? (also worth a order, if you haven’t tried it already) It’s kind of like a set rice pudding w/ a ton of coconut flavor.

4 Likes

I really need to brave west side traffic for this soon.

8 Likes

next drop is in two weeks

5 Likes

11/20

https://www.instagram.com/p/CWGzBe6vCVK/

1 Like

it’s hainan chicken jelly time hainan chicken jelly time

peanutbutterjellytime-banana

10 Likes

Inhaled my order just now - amazing. Looking forward to the next drop.

4 Likes

12/4 batsignal.gif

2 Likes

had the chicken & rice today again. strange to say: but i feel, they are free… coz i would pay the same money just for the soup & the condiments alone.

that soup is such a wholesome, collagen bomb.

and i’d call plain white rice - or Emmental cheese for that matter - a good meal if it comes with those condiments.

thank you, Simon. have some good holidays for the rest of the year. you earned it.

10 Likes