Mes Amis - Hollywood

@attran99 is clearly a bad influence.

agree with @NYCtoLA that strawberry pavlova was great.

strawberry pavlova, rose geranium, harry’s berries, crème fraîche sorbet

:cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake:

chocolate soufflé, valrhona chocolate, green chartreuse, génépy gelato

:cake: :cake: :cake: :cake: :cake:

baba au rhum, chantilly, matusalem gran reserva 15 year rum

:cake: :cake: :cake:

st. honoré, pecan mousseline, pâte feuilletée, caramel

:cake: :cake: :cake: :cake:

18 Likes

A+++ post. Would click again!!

4 Likes

Thank you. :blush:

unverified max telling it how it is, and it’s not good. some of the h̶i̶g̶h̶l̶i̶g̶h̶t̶s̶ lowlights

5 Likes

Damn, G. It appears that Air Jordan did not like this place. Gotta go back and check it out, 'cuz my visit there was so impressive.

Who is that guy? Great reviewer (assuming it’s honest).

I guess he hates Poilaine style boule’s because of the closed crumb? Bizarre.

1 Like

I know exactly what he’s describing, common issues with housemade levains. Disappointing only if you’re used to Acme or Tartine or the like.

Poilâne … makes great toast.

1 Like

:rofl: at the KevinEats comments!!

7 Likes

I can’t really tell. Did he like his dinner?

Ouch at the kevineats jab at the end. So unnecessary. Who is this guy?

2 Likes

http://www.kevineats.com/2022/05/mes-amis-los-angeles-ca.html

Real estate broker, podcaster, Instagram restaurant critic, purveyor of $398 per person underground dinners. I never heard of him before either. Too bad he chose such a shit platform for his amusing reviews.

also respected by a lot of industry folks, e.g. mei lin, jon yao, liz johnson, mazen mustafa, david schlosser, aitor zabala, shunji… and hated by a few.

he knows what he’s talking about and tells it like it is.

7 Likes

Why is his podcast named after shoes?

the host is jordan okun

https://www.instagram.com/jordanokun/

also he only eats one meal a day

2 Likes

Kevin has is a Socal restaurant blogger for over 10 years and consistently known for going to places soon after they open and getting autographed menus and good photos of food.

1 Like

and drives a red porsche 911 :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Lol not asking who Kevin is.

1 Like

Warrior: I disliked the young, loud, vibrant vibe. I’m looking to have a calm dinner after a stressful day, not for “girl’s night out.” But all the food was very good—around the Republique level. We discussed whether it warrants a Michelin star, which reflects our high opinion, but decided no. I would go back any time. Exceeded expectations!

Peony: This restaurant is a pleasant surprise. High quality ingredients were used. The food was cooked just right.

4 Likes