Meteora - The Gaffe of Kahn II

Review forthcoming, but first, kahn you name the dish?

each dish pictured contains one of these ingredients:
surinam cherry
smoky pulses
grilled roses
dried cacao flower
burnt cinnamon
black jaggery
yacon caramel
hemp
wild ice plant
quark

23 Likes

Can I post these pictures on Reddit for free karma? My god.

(I’m not really going to post them)

9 Likes

Lol it’s like you had dinner on the set of midsommar

7 Likes

Did it feel like the spa?

4 Likes

If I had been served a “cleansing shot” at the end of the meal and got wheeled out in a body bag I would shrug my shoulders at the gates.

6 Likes

Fantastic. Art installations as restaurants. I can’t wait to read how it actually tastes.

4 Likes

5 Likes

I think i like how this menu reads instead of the usual list of ingredients… especially “awakened over the fire” bit. Hopefully the wait staff are also actors and can really evoke all the feels from this menu as they recite it a la real actors read yelp reviews.

7 Likes

I know. I wanna be warmed in a bath of olive oil and lavender then lightly marinated in deep ocean water and dressed in coconut fat.

9 Likes

Free verse? Come back to me when each description is a haiku or each line rhymes.

8 Likes

You want Atelier Crenn.

6 Likes

San Sebastian redux…

2 Likes

I need to know where they source their deep ocean water. I mean it’s gotta be Mariana Trench to be truly deep.

17 Likes

San Sebastian redux…

Reference to Mugaritz? :joy:

2 Likes

Like a high-end Rainforest Cafe?

13 Likes

Thanks for that guffaw!

Deep, deeper than Atlantis…

2 Likes

Lol! I know seastephaniefish sources sea water for rustic canyon when they make salt but but I don’t know if she is as deep Jordan Kahn lol

3 Likes

Seriously?? This menu reads like those parodies of nouvelle and molecular cuisine that have made the rounds, with pricing to match. :joy:

3 Likes

I’ll be a voice of dissent here as I recover from covid haha. I don’t know if I’ll make it here solely because of price, but if this menu was from some up-and-coming chef who had cooked at Noma, I’d be so stoked. Kahn is Kahn; he’s pretty annoying and a lot of his food is weird, but I’d rather eat here than Manzke or a lot of the pricier spots in LA. This feels very Los Angeles in all its excess but also in all its bounty?

Those pictures make the food look absurdly precious, but so what? Food can be fun (and a little bit stupid, no?)

6 Likes