Mexican Restaurants around Manhattan, Rendondo, Marina Del Rey, Santa Monica

My friend says she doesn’t like Mexican food that much. I’d like to find her some places to try out. She does like Tacos Punta Cabras and Guisados. She is mostly around Redondo/Manhattan Beach area, Marina del rey and Santa Monica. What are some suggestions we can give her to try out? Thanks!

Pamilla and Sausal

1 Like

Ortega 130

Kind of cheesy but fun is Casablanca in Venice on Lincoln and Rose. Great homemade tortillas made right in front of you and a roaming tequila cart.tmg-article_default_mobile;jpeg_quality=20

4 Likes

La Huasteca in Lynwood would fit the bill.

1 Like

Second Sausal. Try the tamale pie.

1 Like

Tocaya is quite good, if pricy. I go to the 5&Wilshire in Santa Monica. I’m vegan mostly, and it is terrific for me. Try the vegan piccadio as a substitute protein on any of their stuff.

Dia de Campo in Hermosa Beach.

http://diadecampohb.com/dinner/

What do you like there? Partner and I had went there for the first time last wk and were not terribly impressed.

2 Likes

Tacos Punta Cabras will be reopening as a full restaurant with alcohol (including hard liquor), other dishes in addition to the limited menu they used to have, desserts, the full package. The new location is on Broadway near 10th. The location was a shabu shabu restaurant. They hope to reopen in the beginning of 2018.

4 Likes

The vegan piccadio and vegan jack cheese version of the al pastor and the Baja chipotle taco. The similarly veganized version of the tostada salad and the veganized version of the fajita del Rey bowl. Also the tortilla soup with a side of street corn thrown into it.

Coni’seafood.

2 Likes

Do you mean they make the tortillas tableside?

What’s cheesy about a roaming tequila cart?? haha :smiley:

There is a large flat top near the center of the restaurant and two ladies are constantly making fresh tortillas all evening. You can have as many as you like!

1 Like

What do you usually order there? The burritos any good? They have some interesting all meat burrito options like a beef birria one it looks like.