Mid-City, Beverly-Grove, Fairfax, Melrose & Parts Surrounding

Gusto on 3rd is decent but not the beatbox QPR.

For the money rather hit Mozza

1 Like

Let’s see what concept those armo bros that own Michael’s pizza are building next door.

The food at the original Gusto was pretty good, not outstanding. I liked the Agnolotti and the scrumptious Coconut Gelato Pie. I do agree about the QPR. What we liked most was the charming & romantic atmosphere. Good date spot. I loved the big silver bowl filled with ice and sparkling wines at the entrance. Very classy. It would be a shame if they lost that vibe moving into the much needed bigger space.

Just passed by it. New signage for Black Star is up and there appears to be construction going on so it seems like it’s moving forward.

Also, Ludo sandwich spot is taking over the Open Space space.

Yaaa I saw the signage too but someone on their instagram told me t’s stalled because of sanctions?

And thanks for the heads up about the ludo! Was wondering whats going into the open space.

Also Schwartz deli next to Animal went out and looks to be recently leased…Have a feeling Jon and Vinnys/Animal will be taking it over for something…

I have been a few times. My son loves it. Its a solid, comfort food type of place. Full bar. Nice people. Reasonable but not cheap. If you’re familiar with The Henry you can think of it as a The Henry Lite.

1 Like

It never appealed to me even though we lived across the street for a decade. I think we were walking by one day and asked to be seated and were greeted with such LA reservations, attitude filled inquiry that I walked off before they finished looking at their half empty space.

1 Like

Funny! Yeah, now that I know you better I know it’s not your kind of place. :wink:

Lucques right next door though was always my kind of place.

2 Likes

You made the right call. Ate there once many years ago and never returned.

i can freakin make sandwiches and fry potatos at home without the tude

Genuine question: is Russian known fro great hamburgers? Wondering what the appeal of the place might be.

Heck no, that’s why i’m confused. I think they’re armenians even… how are they going to compete in burgers across the street from Golden Road!

This time looking for something casual but a little swankier for my cuz’s bday dinner. He’s not an adventurous eater and doesn’t eat red meat and the last time he ate an oyster he got violently sick and found out he’s allergic. That was also courtesy of us. We refer to it as the night we almost killed N. on his birthday. He loves chicken and does like fish. He can’t stop talking about the Dover Sole at Republique. He’s been to Osteria Mozza and goes to Commerson a lot. We want to take him someplace he hasn’t been. Thinking Lucques (but menu is limited and maybe too “exotic” for him) or maybe Jar (expensive cocktails :smirk:). What are you guys loving in this neck of the woods at the moment?

Thanks!

polla alla diavola su crostone at spacca?

3 Likes

Oh yeah! Perfect!

raku?

2 Likes

Angler

2 Likes

We already took him and his fancy girlfriend to Raku. It’s definitely Chi Spacca. I sent him your chicken photo. Thankfully, fancy girlfriend (one of my bff) won’t be joining us. It is so not glam enough for her. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

That was my second choice!