Moon Cheese

This used to be everywhere last year but I can’t find it anywhere now. Leaving for a backpacking trip in a bit and this stuff is gold. Any leads on who might still carry it?

Right now it’s showing in stock at my local Total Wine. Check Whole Foods stock on Amazon. I think I saw a bunch there…

https://www.totalwine.com/accessories-more/food/chips-puffs-pretzels/moon-cheese-gouda/p/170392233?s=1106&igrules=true

1 Like

I think Trader Joe’s has a similar product (but I can’t remember the name).

1 Like

Trader Giotto’s Oven-Baked Cheese Bites?

Entirely possible. I only had them once, so I can’t remember the name.

An online search showed Rite Aid still seems to carry them and the one on Centinela had a bunch of kinds in stock and on sale. And my favorite Krave sweet chipotle jerky on sale too. Big win for Rite Aid and backpacking food.

Sidenote: the round shape of moon cheese is fundamental to surviving for a week in the bear can.

1 Like

Is this what you are looking for? Bristol Farms.

No it’s a dehydrated cheese ball product. Great calorie to weight ratio and they have cheddar, pepperjack, gouda and some others. I bought a grip of 'em a couple days ago and already ate two packs. Somehow I don’t have the same problem with my instant mashed potatoes and quaker oats.

1 Like

I totally get it. My partner got them a few yrs ago in a “swag bag” from a non-profit. When I first took a bite, I was like, “WTF? This is weird” And then, after a few more bites, I was totally addicted. It’s really bizarre. I think the mix of crunchy, savory, and salt just “works.”

Looks great. It’s on my list now